Chapter Three

THE FOLLOWING MONDAY I walked into school with everyone's eyes glued to me. I did my best to avoid everyone's gaze, and acted as if I had no clue that they were staring at me.

Jason and I had two classes together. English and Gym. There was no way out of what I had done, and now I had to deal with it.

I arrived into the room, and quickly sat down into my usual seat, which I had decided was best since it was all the way in the front. My backpack landed next to me with a loud thud.

A moment later something light bounced off the back of my head. My body froze in place. What the fuck was that? I glanced at the floor and noticed the crumpled up piece of paper. by my foot.

This caught my classmates' attention and everyone watched in curiosity.

My eyes wandered the room, meeting everyone's gaze. I couldn't let it get to me, not in front of everyone. Rage rushed through me, but I was too stubborn so I pretended like I wasn't affected at all.

I continued looking around the room and of course, Jason Kade was sitting at the back of the classroom with a proud grin etched on his face. I grit my teeth and tried not to attack him right then and there. I've never been in trouble before, and I wasn't going to change that all because of some foolish boy.

"Is this because I made Jackson look like a fool?" I taunted. I knew that calling him by the wrong name would irritate him. It clearly worked, because I saw the smirk on his face drop ever so slightly, but it was enough for me to notice.

"Jason." The now-irritated boy corrected through grit teeth, proving me right. Jason's intense blue eyes were narrowed, pinning me to my spot. I cursed myself for feeling turned on. I hated his guts, but wouldn't mind him in mine.

It was a heated stare-down.

"That's what I said. Jackson." My eyes tore away and I got up to leave to the nurse's. The room remained silent as I swung my hips, walking to the nurses to go to fake a stomach ache.

❖ ❖ ❖

JESS ALMOST SPIT her water out all over me as she attempted to speak and drink water at the same time. "Wow." I told her about what had happened in English class.

When I returned back to the English classroom after the nurses caught on, it was like nothing had happened. I sent him a glare, but he didn't even acknowledge me at all. Maybe I had got to him.

I tilted my head as I studied the illegible scribbles and opened my locker. Someone had left a post-it note of a stick figure with steam coming from my ears on my locker. It looked like an angry anime character.

"With everything that's happened with Adam, don't stress it." Jess whispered, and I let out a sigh.

"I can't believe he thought we were still together." My eyes met Jess' as I reached into my locker to switch textbooks. My hand stopped when something furry moved next to it. It felt foreign. I had nothing fury in my locker from what I remembered, but I barely use the old thing, so who knows.

As I began to pull my hand out, I stopped about halfway when the fury thing moved again, confirming that I hadn't imagined it. My body froze and my heart was pounding wildly.

My eyes squeezed shut so tightly that I could feel my face twist up. The thing moved along the back of my hand and I damn near pissed myself.

"Jess, what the fuck is on my hand?" I stood paralyzed with fear as I heard her gasp loudly. That wasn't a good sign.

"Don't open your eyes." Jess' voice was shaky, "and don't make any quick movements." She added nervously. Part of me wanted to see, but I was terrified to find out. If Jess was scared, I knew I would be too because she's not a person who is scared easily.