[1] Icewing

The air was still and calm with no hint of a breeze. The full moon shone on the warriors of all clans that were gathered in a circle around Icewing and the other Dark Forest trainees. The leaders stood on the branches of the tree like they always do but this time sitting next to eachother, heads low in a discussion.

The deputies sat on the roots while the medicine cats sat on the grass below. Jayfeather, Lionblaze and Dovewing in front of them, facing her. The three ThunderClan felines were parts of a phrophcey, the cats claimed to have powers.

The white molly's deep blue eyes were wide in fear as she stared up at the four leaders who were quietly discussing her fate.

Well, not only her fate but all the other cats who trained in the Dark Forest. Cats who trained with monsters such as Tigerstar and Brokenstar who persauded them all to fight against the clans.

Icewing's heart twisted in sorrow as she remembered her son, Beetlewhisker who had started training in the Dark Forest to spend time with her. Her head drooped as she recalled when Brokenstar ripped out his throat when Beetlewhisker turned on the dead leader.

"We have decided." Bramblestar called to the gathered cats.

Icewing's head jerked up as she gazed up hopefully at Blackstar, the next cat to speak.

The broad, white tom's black ear twitched as his yellow gaze raked through the huddle of Dark Forest trainees.

"Cats of all clans. We have agreed a punishment for the cats who trained for the Dark Forest. They betrayed their clans, conspired with the enemy to destroy our way of life. They are too unpredictable to live, what if something like this happens again? Who's side will they be on?" Blackstar announced before narrowing his eyes at Tigerheart, Ratscar and Applefur.

"We know that! What is the punishment!" A tom loudly snapped somewhere outside the ring.

Icewing held her breath. The whole gathering was silent.

"They will be executed!" Blackstar answered.

Icewing heard a low moan of despair from Dovewing and the gathering burst into commotion.

Icewing glanced at Grasspelt. The brown tom looked away.

"What?!" Ivypool snarled, jumping to her paws, she was a grey and white tabby she-cat. "We all came to our senses and fought for the clans!"

"What about Breezepelt?" a pale brown WindClan she-cat retorted. "He fought with the Dark Forest until the very end!"

Icewing glanced over to see the ebony tom return the she-cat's glare but his jaw was tightened.

"Any cat who has ever trained in the Dark Forest, even for one night are traitors!" Onestar yowled.

Lionblaze look visibly uncomfortable at the pale, brown tabby's words. Thats odd. I wonder why...

"Silence!" Blackstar yowled. He waited for the noise to cease before speaking. "The cats will be executed next moon. Meeting dismissed. The other leaders and I will discuss this further this quarter-moon."

Oh StarClan. Aren't you going to stop this gathering?

The sky remained cloudless. A beautiful night. A silent taunt and echo of laughter.

The cats started to leave. The felines from different clans parted. Icewing brushed against Minnowtail, a dappled grey and white she-cat, another cat who trained in the Place of No Stars.

Icewing crossed the log-bridge feeling gloomy, her pace slowing once her paws touched the grass on the other side.

She scanned the group of RiverClan warriors for Grasspelt. Her son was walking to the left of her.

Icewing tried to move towards him but the tom fliched away, instead turning away to walk next to Mallownose, a light brown tabby tom.

If Beetlewhisker and Mintfur was still alive he wouldn't be acting like this. Icewing felt a stap of guilt pierce her heart.

With a sinking feeling in her chest her strides faltered. Other cats overtook her. Eager to get home.

"What's going to happen to us?" Minnowtail wailed cathing up with the white molly. "Will anyone stick up with us?"

Icewing shook her head, eyes clouded. "I doubt it. Mistystar probably didn't even try."

If Mistystar and Grasspelt have lost hope in me then I have no chance.