[17] Icewing

Icewing was talking to Stormfur. He recognised the tom from she was a young apprentice in RiverClan, although she didn't know him that well he knew he went on a quest with his sister, Feather... something, she couldn't remember.

Breezepelt padded sheepishly up to them. "Stormfur... who was Feathertail exactly?"

Feathertail, yes, that was her name.

"Huh?" Stormfur must of obviously noticed the black tom's change and maturity. "She was my sister. When she was chosen by a phrophcey to go on a quest like your father I joined her. She died protecting the tribe and Crowfeather, I'm not sure if she's a StarClan spirit now or the Tribe of Endless Hunting."

"She's not a StarClan cat." Breezepelt explained. "She came to me in a vison. She had wings and glowed with a different light compared to StarClan warriors I've seen."

"Vison?" The grey tom asked. "What did she say?"

"Should I go?.." Icewing trailed off.

"You can stay if you like. This could be useful to you." The scarred tom said to her before turning back to the older tom. "She said 'follow the rising warrior'."

Icewing stayed where she was, curiosity got the better of her.

Something lit up in Stormfur's eyes. "Rising warrior... Feathertail said her phrophcey was to find the 'dying warrior'."

"What does that mean?" Breezepelt asked.

"I wonder, could it mean to go back to the old territories? But that's impossible!" He shook his head.

Icewing had not heard those words in ages. The words brought back strange half-remembered memories of gazing at some rocks across a river and flashes of the RiverClan nursery.

"We left because the forest was being destroyed." Stormfur spoke up again. "There'll be nothing there."

"Maybe not all of it." Breezepelt's voice was strangely calm. "We've not got any other choice."

Stormfur nodded. "I trust Feathertail. I'll be happy to ask Stoneteller what else this phrophcey could mean if you like?"

The younger tom nodded. "Icewing, could you back me up on this once I tell the rest of the group? They'll trust me more than you."

"Of course!" The molly answered, she sensed that Breezepelt was shifting uncomfortably like an apprentice who wanted to tell a denmate something private. "I'll ask the older cats if they remember the forest and I'll mention it to Stoneteller."

Breezepelt looked visibly relieved as she turned around and she heard Stormfur murmuring a 'thank you' behind her. As she padded along to Stoneteller's cave she overheard Breezepelt say something to Stormfur.

"Did my father love her?"

Icewing directly chose to block them out, this may be personal and of course none of her business. She stopped at Stoneteller's cave entrance, she still felt the curious gazes of the Tribe cats burn into her fur. She shuffled her white paws, unsure of what to do before ducking inside.

............................................................................

The rocky tunnel sloped downwards and Icewing stepped out into a cave with stalactites pointing down like claws towards a pool of crisp blue water. Gazing across the pool she spotted a small section with what looked like herb piles and a sleeping space.