[18] Ivypool

Ivypool prided herself on her resilience and determination. She survived the Dark Forest training, she survived the Great Battle, she survived her exile. She had toughened through the emotions of missing her mother, despite a lump forming in her throat every time she thought of Whitewing. But her father's death was excruciating.

This was the first time she lost someone directly related to her, it was much different than she expected. Back in ThunderClan she hoped that if Birchfall had to die it would be as an elder and peacefully in his sleep, or with his family by his side.

But no, crushed by a monster and buried in a random patch of grass, away from the trees. StarClan truly wasn't watching over them anymore.

Days had passed since that feast, perhaps a quarter-moon but she wasn't exactly sure. Gradually Blossomfall had coaxed her out of her nest and the two joined patrols together. Blossomfall was right about what she said about her first patrol, the view, scents and breeze were truly therapeutic.

Gazing over to her sister, she and Tigerheart spent their days side by side, the ex-ShadowClan cat comforting Dovewing. She guessed different cats had different ways of coping.

The clan cats were starting to intermingle with the tribe. The clan cats no longer sat in their own group in the corner of the cave.

Stoneteller padded out of his den, calling over the travelling cats. "I have something important to show you. Several of you will come. Stormfur, you come too."

Ivypool had heard from Stormfur that Breezepelt of all cats recieved a vison. Was what Stoneteller is about to say something to do with that?

She joined Blossomfall, Thornclaw, Breezepelt and several others followed the tribe leader. Several cats let out gasps of shock as Stoneteller headed out the cave. Following a relatively smooth mountain path he led them on a trail around the waterfall and to a small hill with a vast view.

"I believe your Rising Warrior phrophcey may be referring to your old home." He explained. "Although the Tribe of Endless Hunting have been quite vague."

Whispers of excitement rose in the group. They hushed down as the leader spoke up again. Ivypool stretched her neck to gaze at the land in the distance.

"Stormfur, can you see it?" He turned to the grey tom.

The long-furred feline squinted. "I see the fields we travelled through. I think I see the forest much further away but there's so much twolegplace."

The travelling cats were chattering with excitement. Ivypool knew they couldn't stay in the mountains forever. Her mother had told her about the few memories she had as a kit in the old ThunderClan camp.

"What state was the territory in when you left?" The tribe leader asked Stormfur.

"The forest was being destroyed but maybe RiverClan's territory wasn't damaged as much." His gaze turned to the clouds. "If StarClan called them there they must have done it for a reason."

...................................................

Ivypool sat down beside Mousewhisker and Blossomfall. Stormfur was addressing the whole group about the next and hopefully the last.

"When you reach the forest try to find a place called Mothermouth." He instructed them. "Do any of you know where that is?"

Thornclaw raised his tail and the grey cat nodded before he continued. "Im it is a cave called the Moonstone, its what we could use to talk to StarClan."

He padded away and the cats headed towards their nests. Ivypool curled up and she heard Blossomfall hiss into her ear.

"My parents said that the forest was destroyed."

"What?" Ivypool rolled over onto her back, gazing up at her friend.

"I overheard my mother telling Briarlight about the forest." The tortoiseshell explained. "She said that according to my father ThunderClan's trees were completely cut down."

Ivypool's heart sank. "Perhaps they grew back?"

"Tree stumps don't grow back, every cat knows that, Ivypool." Blossomfall sighed. "I'm skeptical about the whole phrophcey thing."

"Feathertail didn't appear as a StarClan cat." Ivypool pointed out. "I'm as unsure as you are but maybe we'll finally find somewhere to settle down, spirit guidance or not."

"I'll give it a chance." Blossomfall nodded before curling up in her nest. "Goodnight Ivypool."

Ivypool sighed, closing her blue eyes. She felt Blossomfall's back against hers.