Chapter 29: Reading The Letter.

Lafayette's POV

I sat up, my eyes wide. She wasn't dead, if she'd sent a letter then she couldn't be dead. "Alex, what does it say?" I ask before anyone else has even completely understood what the man had said.

"Alex, is this a joke?" Hercules asked with wide eyes and a small smile have happiness, from the look of it even he couldn't believe it.

Alex shook his head, his greasy brown hair moving with it. "It's real, see!" Alex said with widened eyes and turned the paper around for us all to see, I snatch the paper from his hands before anyone else could get it, I began to read it out.

Alex, Laffy, Herc and Johnny,
If you've gotten this letter it means James isn't so bad. I don't have much time or room to explain it all, I need you to follow these instructions though. Firstly go to the Mercy Bar and tell them you're looking Johann and hand them this letter. They'll take you straight to him and tell him everything you know. All I can tell you is that I'm in an English camp and they plan to take me back to England, please hurry.

Love, Y/N. Let this not be the last thing I say to you.

"We've got to get this to Washington..." Alex whispered, I looked up at him. "No! We can't waste any more time!" I yelled out.

He scoffed, "We don't even know where this 'Mercy Bar' is!" That's when it hit me... I knew exactly where it was.

I stood up and ran a hand through my hair, "I know where it is!"

Hercules eyes were wide and he was smiling, "Come on, we've got to try get her back, I'll ask permission from Washington for us to leave camp!" Hercules laughed not even waiting for Alex to say anything more. He turned and left the tent in a hurry.

John seemed shocked, "We're going to get her back..." He looked up with tears in his eyes. "We're going to get N/N back!" He exclaimed loudly, a bright smile covered his face.

Okay so I know I know, it's short. Again. But I need to know, do you all prefer longer chapters but less updates or shorter chapters but more updates?