Crash

The room occupants whip their heads to the new comers. One is Xingese. He's young, about sixteen, and tall for his race. His clothes are all black, hair long and in a ponytail. To show off his ouroboros tattoo, he runs his hand through his bangs, and his sharp teeth are revealed in a sinister grin.

The man next to him is Ishvalan. He is also tall for his race, towering over his Xingese companion by at least a third of a meter. Maybe less. Maes can't tell. His hair is white, the shaved parts of his neck and lower head gray. If he couldn't see the Ishvalan move his eyes under the sunglasses, Maes would think of him blind from the thick x shaped scar crossing over his eyes. The scar peaks out from underneath the glasses, too. Maes is interested how he really isn't blind.

"Hiya, name's Greed. This is my friend, the wrathful and righteous, Scar. We're here to kill you," the Xingese claims.

"Greed!" Ed steps forward, but Roy puts a hand on his shoulder, reeling the boy back.

"Oh, it's you again. Nice to see you lived, shortie," Greed waves.

Scar shrugs off his ratty cloak when Van stands up. His leather coat is a tan yellow, combat pants black, and t-shirt white. His boots smack at the hardwood while he walks forward.

"We are here to kill this miserable family, not make friends with them," Scar scolds.

Maes stares at Van's healed neck. When did that happen? Riza casually rests her hand on her gun, and Roy pulls at his gloves. Maes, not wanting to be left out, flicks his wrist, and silently summons his knife to hand. He loves it when his knife fits perfectly in his palm.

"What about us?" Roy asks.

"Roy Mustang, the Flame Alchemist. You are no Hero of Ishval," Scar seethes.

"Kill whoever you want, friend. Just leave me the Elric Brothers," Greed requests.

Scar doesn't need to be told twice. He lunges at Roy. Riza sprints up to Roy, and trips him to avoid the out stretched hand of Scar. Maes runs up next, taking a slash at Scar.

The room bursts into chaos, people and Homunculi alike flinging themselves at an opponent. Violet attacks King with a small volley of claws. If not Violet or King, no one else heard what she said to prompt him to fight back with less confusion. Cub takes on little Salem when the boy tried to sneak up on Violet.

Van and Al sprint to Eli. They duck and weave under whizzing bullets and spewing flames from Maes's own messy fight. Eli sits up, blinking in lame surprise. Theo and Ed team up as Greed runs to snatch the shorter blonde.

The fight continues on. They dance to the death, dodging blows and swinging hits. Maes didn't last long, sad to say. Scar took hold of Maes's knife, and stabbed him with it. He stumbles back, but doesn't fall.

It is Al who pulls him out of the fighting range. He sets him on the couch by Eli. If Maes looks closely, he can see the blood seeping in Eli's large chest. Not a moment later, he disintegrates into small flacks of skin and clothes.

"What the-" Maes gasps.

"Eli was the one who took in all of the stray bullets and fire," Al explains curtly.

"But, your cousin-"

"Eli never really talked. I hardly knew him," Al cuts him off.

Maes nods. Al pulls the knife out of Maes's side, releasing a yelp from said person. Wordlessly, Al pulls gauze and tape from his utility thigh belt.

"Here." Van ducks in from under the inferno and fights. He hands Maes a bottle of of what smells like vodka.

Maes takes it, but it slips through his bloody fingers. "Funny, I don't remember that."