Singer

(Y/n)'s POV

I jolted as thunder shook the house. A storm had come through, a pretty bad one to be exact. Loki sat his book down, looking at me.
  "Are you alright, dear?" He asked. I laughed nervously, relaxing.
  "Yeah. I'm just a little frightened by storms." I said, blushing in embarrassment. He smiled, nodding.
  "I understand. Midgard's storms can be a bit shocking." He said. I nodded, getting up. I needed something to occupy myself, so I decided to make drop cookies.
  "Would you like some cookies? I'm about to make some." I asked, getting the ingredients out.
  "Sure." He said, still reading. I got to work, playing music on my phone as I did.

  ~Found you when your heart was broke
I filled your cup until it overflowed
Took it so far to keep you close
I was afraid to leave you on your own
I said I'd catch you if you fall
And if they laugh, then fuck 'em all
And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you can take advantage of me~

I sang along, following the beat as I cooked.

Loki's POV

I heard music, not Asgard's type, but Midgard's. (Y/n) sang along to it, her voice immediately caught my attention. It was soft as it was powerful, flowing with ease and grace. I wasn't paying attention to the words in my book, but listened to the beauty of my heart's greatest desire singing in the kitchen.

(Y/n)'s POV

I kept singing along to different songs, forgetting about the storm outside. I turned it off as I walked back into the living room, cookies in hand.
  "Cookies are done, have as many as you want." I said, setting down the plate between us.
  "Thank you dear. I must say, you have a gorgeous singing voice." He complimented, and my cheeks warmed up.
  "O-oh, you heard that? T-thanks." I sputtered, hearing a low chuckle from him.
  "Don't be so nervous, it's pretty! You should sing more often." He said. My cheeks were burning now, and I smiled.
  "You think so? I don't really get that often." I said, and Loki smiled, taking a cookie.
  "I do think so. You can sing around me for a start if you'd like. You seem comforted by it." He said, gesturing to the calming storm outside.
  "Right now?" I asked, nervous. He nodded, and I took a deep breath, thinking of a song.

  ~I heard, that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're, married now
I heard, that your dreams came true
I guess she gave you things
I didn't give to you~

I sang, letting my voice echo in the medium sized room. Loki watched me with a gentle gaze, smiling.

  ~Old friend, why are you so shy
Ain't like you to hold back
Or hide from the light
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I
Couldn't stay away I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd see my face
And that you be reminded that for me it isn't over~

I continued, closing my eyes as I reached the chorus.

Loki's POV

Her voice was strong on this song, and I understood the meaning. I couldn't relate with it well, but I understood why she sang like she did. Her voice displayed the emotion of it, and it was beautiful.

  ~Never mind I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best
For you too, don't forget me
I beg, I'll remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love
But sometimes it hurts instead
Sometimes it lasts in love
But sometimes it hurts instead~

She sang, stopping there. The last note rang in the room, and I felt lovestruck.

(Y/n)'s POV

Loki smiled, and he handed me a cookie.
  "See? Your voice is wonderful, my dear." He said. My blushed stayed, and I bit into the cookie.
  "Thank you. How would you describe it though?" I asked, getting on my nerd side of singing.
  "It's rich. Smooth, and incredibly sharp at the same time. Like this cookie, sweet and strong." He said. I giggled, and he laughed.
  "That's a good way of putting it. Have you ever sang before?" I asked, and he shook his head.
  "I have not. But I've always wanted to learn." He said. I looked over at him, my mind going haywire.
  "I could teach you. It's actually pretty simple." I said. His smiled widened, and I got my phone out.
  "(Y/n), teach me all you know."