The young man still tried to correct us. "My name is Marcel Gerald," he introduced himself in a polite manner, which very well reminded me of Elijah, and buttoned his shirt, to my dismay. The lack of clothes though, told me he wasn't Elija's either, and he was too polite to be Kol's and too interesting to be Finn's.

"That was not the question," my brother whispered to me confused.

"I think he's one of Nik's—"

"Strays?" Björn finished with a grin. Marcel now shined with a different light for him. Björn had limited experiences with vampires, and he certainly had never seen an Original. I had told him everything there was to know of the family, but he wanted to see everything with his very two eyes. He was in awe at my dysfunctional alternative former family.

"Careful, brother, remember I too may as well be one of those strays," I told him. I wished he would hold his tongue until I had fixed everything with the Mikaelsons and they had properly met him. It was one thing that I messed with the family, but Björn was completely an outsider and they wouldn't show any leniency to his jokes. "Pleased to meet you, Marcel Gerald, stable boy," I said, "Now, go fetch me Freya."

"I'm not a stable boy," he said, getting annoyed, "What's a Freya?"

"Freya Mikaelson," I filled the blank.

"You mean Rebekah," he suggested instead.

"I mean what I said," I said, "Are you dense? No wonder you're a stable boy."

"He's growing annoyed," Björn interjected. Now that I had stopped him from making jokes he had regained his natural common sense. "Maybe you should stop teasing too."

"I would recommend that," Marcel said, letting the veins under his eyes show momentarily.

"Oh, isn't that adorable," I told Björn, overly excited, "He is definitely Nik's."

"Lovely," Björn said.

"You know Klaus?" Marcel asked. He sounded defensive. "Who are you?"

"I'm... Beyla..." I didn't quite know how to respond to anymore. "Beyla..."

"Hemming," Björn added and then whispered to me, amused, "After all these years, you still can't get used to it, can you?"

"Well, I've been using a different surname for almost seven hundred years, Björn," I defended, "Let's change your name and see how quickly you adapt."

"Sorry," Marcel interrupted us, rubbing his face, "But is that name supposed to mean something to me?"

"She's their sister," Björn said, with a hint of something behind his tone.

"Freya's sister?" Marcel tried to understand.

"Uh, gods, no," I said. That felt weird.

"Beyla," I heard Elijah call. He walked into the room hesitant. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"Elijah," I trailed off, "I- I wanted to talk to you."

He was nervous, and he was making me nervous. He kept glancing to the stairs that led to the second floor. That must be where Niklaus was.

"What about?"

"Your sister," I said, "And—"

I swallowed hard and nervously looked around. This would be a perfect time for Freya to pop around and save my day. To say that she knew me and had helped her escape from their crazy aunt. To help me fix my pendant and stop me from feeling vulnerable. But, instead, in a second I was pinned to the wall, a hand inside my chest threatening to pull my heart out, another hand on my throat choking me. When I looked up I saw that Niklaus was the one about to end me.

"Beyla," he growled.

Björn launched himself forward and rose a hand to, probably, melt Nik's brain but Elijah stood on his way with a hand up and averted eyes, telling him to not bother. Björn stopped and set his jaw, getting ready to attack the other Original.

I widened my eyes. "Don't!" I shouted at him, and he, though surprised, stood still. I stared at Niklaus in the eyes. "Nik—" I started and felt how his left hand pressed my throat and his right hand steadily held my heart. I gritted my teeth in pain.

"You have some nerve coming here," he said in a poisoned whisper.

I looked at his hands and then into his eyes. "Nik, my necklace," I managed to say, he looked towards my neck and understood. "I don't have it anymore." I breathed in. "If you kill me now." Our eyes met again. "You do it for good."

We had a staring match for some long seconds but he finally pulled his hand out, thankfully leaving the heart inside. I collapsed onto the floor, coughing and gasping for some needed air and touching the, now healing, hole on my chest. Björn came to my side and checked on me quickly, then he got in front of me protectively. I could notice the two brothers looking at me, trying to decide my fate. I nodded when Björn looked at me over his shoulder as if asking whether I was okay.

I really should have called before coming back here.