Chapter 5 - sunday brunch

Blair pov:

It was Saturday afternoon when my phone made a indicating I got a message. I open to find out the message was from Serena.

S:Can we meet today ??

B: why should I meet you ??

S: please B. I am trying to make amends. Just meet me once and hear what I have to tell.

B: okay fine I will meet you at Palace hotel.

I took my time and went to palace hotel. Seems like Serena had already ordered two martini's and waiting for me.

"So how's your mom doing with the divorce." Was the first thing she asked.

"She is doing great. It's not like my dad left her for another woman, he is with another guy"

"I am sorry B" she sounded concerned by my reply.

"Don't be. It's not like you have tried to call me or reached me in any other way. You just abandoned me and it was difficult to start school without you. And the worst is I have to find out from mom that you had joined boarding and she thought I already knew. I was so disappointed the way you left." I poured all my emotions.

"I just... trust me B I needed to get away from everything so trust me I am so sorry. I hope you give me another chance and the important thing is I love you B."

"I love you too S " I forced those words out of my mouth " but I am not sure I am ready to trust you because I feel like I don't know you and I have to meet with Nate we have something special planned today." With that I left the hotel.

Spotted at The Palace Hotel: S and B having a heart-to-heart. ( gossip girl voice over)

Serena took my Martini and emptied it in a single gulp. I know I was mean to her but if you have known Serena like me you would have also done the same.

Hm... why so thirsty, S? You may have won over B for now but we still think you're hiding something. ( gossip girl voice over )

After my meeting with Serena I went to my house and decorated it with candles for us special night.

"Hey" Nate said as he walked in .

"Hey, is this too much I just wanted it to perfect"

"It's not that, there is something I have to tell you Blair. But I don't know how to say it. Last summer during shepherds wedding me and Serena " he stopped waiting to find the correct words.

" just kissed right " I completed for him.

He shook his head telling its more to the story. I couldn't process this news. I pushed him away "I knew it. I knew there was something. Get out" I shouted. He just got up and left me crying myself.

And just when B and S had built a bridge, it all had to come crashing down. But dry your eyes. The brunch party is tomorrow . And you know who loves parties? Gossip Girl ( gossip girl voice over )

Today is going to be worse. I don't want Serena anywhere near me. She could have taken anything from me but she decided to take Nate. She better not show up tonight.

I bet you're wondering what Gossip Girl is doing up so early. Truth is, I never went to bed. Why waste precious time dreaming when waking life is so much better? ( gossip girl voice over)

As if my thoughts were heard I saw Serena entering my house with breakfast.

"Hey Blair. I got our Sunday tradition breakfast at Tiffany's." She sounded so cheerful.