"I was told that a lot." Noah chortled.

"Then, I hope to see a beautiful footwear in your suggestion, my lord."

Sir James was surprised to see Noah's actions. He never saw Noah picked anything for a lady. What he saw right in front of him was a first.

Noah was always a gentleman. Everyone loved him for his kindness, gentleness, and of course for his handsome face. Noah knew all of his good features would make misunderstandings with the ladies, so he would always decline any of the ladies' offers to him. And he would always declined the ladies' favors that could be seen as flirtings. But even after all of that, they still loved him.

Sir James was speechless from the very beginning. Everything happened here was never in his expectations. The sweet heartbreaker, Prince Noah was arguing over a small thing and then offered a hand in choosing the footwear for the young lady of House MacGregory was like a scene coming out a cheesy novel.

"Noah, you seriously had your fun with the young lady from House MacGregory." Sir James finally spoke after they had parted ways. They were on their way back to the palace. Noah let out a chuckle. "please don't tell me that you like her."

Noah laughed aloud hearing that.

"I do like her." He replied. He continued laughing because he managed to make Sir James shocked for a moment.

"Your Highness!" Sir James raised his voice. He was a bit angry that Noah thought lightly of him at the moment. He's a good friend of Noah and one of those people who never addressed Noah with "Your Highness" or "His Highness" unless they were at a formal event or when they were serious.

"Stop being so serious. I like her as a friend. I feel like I can see myself in her."

"This is the first time I see you befriends a lady." Sir James sighed. He had enough with what happened earlier. "Does she knows that you're a prince. A crown prince at that. Becoming your friend gives a lot of risks especially to a lady. You know how gossips work."

"No, she doesn't know it yet. But she will probably knows about it later tonight." Noah took a quick glance at Sir James to see his reaction. He laughed again because Sir James' confused expression was hilarious to him. "She's a member of House MacGregory."

"I know that.. So what with it?"

"She's surely going for the party tonight."

"So, she's one of your fiancée candidates?"

Noah's lips raised to a smile, as he remembered back his meeting with Riana. They were like cat and dog for their first meeting. "I don't think I can handle her if she is to be my queen."

🍁🍁🍁

The maids were busy running around the mansion of House MacGregory. Upon entering the mansion, Riana was stunned to see how lively it was. She could not remember the last time her place was lively like this.

"Welcome back, milady." the maids that were busy preparing their employers for the royal party stopped upon seeing Riana who was just arrived.

"I'm back."

One of the maids came running toward her. She quickly grabbed Riana's hand and dragged her back into her bedroom. Riana needed to dress herself up for the royal party after all.

"This dress is beautiful, milady. It suits you." the maids were stunned to see how beautiful Riana was in the dress she just bought. Riana took her beauty from her mother. She was always seen as a beautiful lady even when she was just a kid. She had heard such compliments too many times already. But she still a humble lady. She did not think she is beautiful enough. If you want to see a beauty, you should see Aria.

"Sister Aria is more beautiful."

"You exaggerating too much, my dear."

Riana knew the owner of the voice. Her lips turn to a huge smile. A beautiful figure came into her room. The lady was her sister, Aria.

"Sister Aria!" she exclaimed. Riana quickly ran toward her sister and gave a hug. Aria was not surprised by her younger sister's affections. She was always like that since they were just toddlers.

"Why are you not wearing the dress that I just bought for you? I thought I already gave the dress to the maids to be sent to you." Riana was a bit disappointed seeing her sister prefer wearing her old dress instead of the one she bought for her just for this occasion.

"Thank you, Riana. But the new dress you that you bought is a bit too flashy for me."

"Of course, it is flashy because you need to capture the prince's heart!"

"Riana, I don't want to capture the prince's heart." Because you, my dear, already had.

Aria's smile was sad. There was no shine in her eyes. It was as if she was holding back her tears. She still loved him but she knew she was a no match with her younger sister. She remembered that she fell in love with the crown prince when she first met him during the royal party.

A sad Aria at that time felt like she had a chance to be happy. She wanted him. She stupidly asked the prince for a second dance but of course like with any other ladies, the prince rejected her advance. Dancing for the second time in one party meant that that the prince would choose her as an official fiancée.

But Aria would not do that anymore. She would be a cupid. She would not disturb the prince. She would give a chance for the prince to meet Riana.

Riana realised her sister was obviously sad this time. Riana knew her stepsister was not happy in since way before. She had long realised that Aria was not in a good relationship with their father. And seeing her sister's face right now, Riana realised that Aria was not happy of their father's arrangement.

"Sister, help me choose with these." Riana tried to change the subject. She did not want to see her sister's sad face. She showed Aria her footwear collections.

"How about this one." Aria pointed at the red heels that Noah chose for Riana earlier. "It suits your dress."

"Oh.."

"Something wrong?"

"It's nothing. Then, I'll use this one."

End of chapter two.