13

Rehaab stood up as he rolled his sleeves and came out of his father's room.

He called Rayyan. As soon as he picked up the call, Rehaab busted him with questions.

"How is she? Is she bothering you? Has she gone to kitchen yet? Where exactly she is right now?"

"Boss, everything is fine she hasn't come out of the room yet. You had called almost half an hour ago, so everything is probably as same as it was" Rayyan briefed him and he looked at his phone to check the time.

He was telling the truth. Rehaab closed his eyes in disbelief as he shook his head and without uttering anything else he cut off the call.

"Rehaab, Rehaab you know Suhaina?" his mother called out from behind he turned around but listening to the name he sniffed.

"What about her mom?"
He asked annoyingly.

"Beta, listen to me come sit here" she motioned towards the sofa across her.

He went towards it and sat on it.

"What now?" the gruff was back in his voice.

"I think she likes you. And you know the amount of times she has come after you were gone is uncountable. I didn't know about your whereabouts but if you'd been even outside of this country she'd have reached you"

"Ah I was thinking how better it'd be if you liked her too. She is nice and pretty, she's just like me and the way I've adjusted with your dad, she'd adjust with you the same as well, I know" she was making a dish in her dreams that wasn't possible as it seemed.

"But what if I didn't remain like this? Would she be able to adjust then?" he cocked his brows and his mother's jaw dropped.

"What are you saying? What do you mean?" she got perplexed.

"Nothing" he stood up scratching his forehead.

He reached his room straight, shut the door and then lied on his bed with his eyes peeking at the ceiling.

He was feeling vague. His mood wasn't good.

He knew something was wrong with him, something has brought a drastic change in him.

As he took out his phone to dial a number, someone very familiar was calling him. His eyes widened seeing the number.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

She was still in his room, when she felt an utter need to fulfil her hunger. She stood up and as she made her way out of the room.

She was squinting around her to check if Rayyan was anywhere around her.

She reached the kitchen. As she stood against the slab. She was in deep thinking.

She knew he was not going to be back. But she didn't know what to do without him.

She was all alone. But then Rayyan's face popped up in her mind. She knew she could ask him the things she wanted to know or maybe he'd provide her with the clue of the place as well. Though he didn't seem like one who'd blurt out any information. But she could give it a try.

She knocked at the door of the room he was standing at the window of.

He was drinking tea.

"What?" he turned around. She was hesitated as she said him Salam.

"Wsalam" he replied as he took in another sip.

"Why you're here?" she asked him.

"To keep an eye on you" he replied bluntly.

"Who are you people?" she asked him again, she didn't realize she had to use her mind and not ask all the questions in one go.

"We" he laughed.

"We're the gangsters" he smirked as he told her.

His way of talking was a bit strange, like he seemed a bit illiterate as well.

She was terrorized, being alone with this man under one roof. Though she was alone with Rehaab as well but she didn't feel the same way for him.

"Well I wanted to tell you that if you don't let me go I'll" she took out the knife she had brought from the kitchen and as she knew he was trained enough that she couldn't attack him. She put it on her wrist to threaten him.

"Wait" his cup fell off his hands. He knew if anything happens to her then he'd be done.

"I'll cut it off... I'm telling you let me go!" she screamed over her throat.

"Hey give that to me please, calm down" listening to him pleading she understood the situation that he could be blackmailed.

"I'm not!" she pressed the blade a bit to her wrist it hurt her but she knew it was the only way.

"But if I let you go, then how would you go and where? There's no one till the hundred miles. And maybe more than that. We travel through the car. There's no way out" he told her.

Her grip losened but she decided not to trust him.

"Alright, then open the door!" she shouted again. He reached the keys tugged onto his waist.

As he approached the door and unbolted it.

She immediately ran outward, coming out under the clear sky. She took in deep breaths. She was finally free.

She started running. Without looking at her back she ran and ran and ran.

Until her breath went shorter. Until she was out of breath. The silent hooded train alley was spread wide and forth. With no sign of a person till so far. She knew she couldn't run any further.

She stopped as she took in deep breaths, she felt dehydrated and she had come a long distance she didn't know if she could go backward.

Neither could she go ahead. She was stranded she knew. The sun was high as it stood right up on her head.

The wild weeds were grown at both sides of the alley. The ground had small trees as well when she realized that maybe she had run in the wrong direction. The highway must be somewhere nearer but she didn't know exactly where.

She slumped against the tree. She was hungry too. But there was no hope. She thought of returning too but where would she go? She didn't remember which way she had come from. She had left the knife long way back. She closed her eyes as she went to a deep slumber.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Damn it! Damn it! Pick up the phone! You can't do this to me!" Rehaab was cursing the phone again and again when he threw it away on the ground and saw it getting break.

He reached for the landline as he dialed another number.

"I need it immediately, bring it right now!" he ordered someone as he thrust back the phone receiver.

"Rayyan you bloody cheater! I'm not going to spare you trust me!"