07

Hola peeps! thanks for your support in the last chapter and please don't stop supporting me this means so much! please vote and comment :)

The sun tickled her wide opened eyes, she couldn't sleep the night before, the thought of those drunks made her feel strangely stern.

She felt a strenuously different-self residing in her body in just a night; she had heard of such things in stories or had seen in dramas, she didn't know how to face if such thing happened in the real life.

But now the first encounter with it, had left the forever impact, she knew she could've protected herself, she regretted not doing anything at that sudden moment and weren't for him to arrive at the moment, she would've faced the tragedy.

She took in a deep breath and then exhaled with annoyance. She wasn't annoyed with herself; neither did she hate herself for giving up, she felt pleased to meet her new-self, stronger than the previous one. She felt happy as she took in the nature spread before her eyes. She smiled for the first time in many days.

It was the first time she felt a soul residing in her body. She stood up and reached the mirror casted on the wall, she peeked at her reflection and it was calm and satisfied. Her glance was dragged downward, at her clothes she was draped in pastel pink shirt and trousers, her hair disheveled on her head.

She slightly moved her hand through her hair, they were sticky and then she went towards the bathroom, the appliances were all available; she shampooed her hair and washed off her whole body.

There wasn't a towel or any other clothing, so she worn her pajamas back on. Wetting her dress but she felt peaceful.

There was a knock on the door, she came out of the bathroom and it was the first time she found Rehaab knocking at the door.

She opened it and looked quietly at him; he was looking at her too. Her wet hair were sticking onto her face, her skin was less paler now too, she was half hidden behind the door, because of the wet dress.

"Here, take these if you want to change, I'm going to take you out, because there's no one now to keep an eye on you, only because of you everyone is gone, and listen there would be no one there but still if you tried to show any bit of smartness, then..." he gestured towards the steel black gun glinting, tugged onto his waist beneath his blazer jacket.

He handed her a shopper, she grabbed it quietly, there was rage in her eyes but she didn't want to face him anymore, because of the contour she was in. She slammed the door, showing a tint of anger.

There was a violet floral kurti with pants and a dupatta, she immediately dressed up herself in it and then she wrapped the dupatta finely around her head, neck and chest. She felt strange closeness with it as she did, it was the first time she had taken it this way, while before the dupatta had always been slinging on her shoulder's edge, or sometimes not even that, she felt safer this way, more than safe she felt stronger.

She was staring at her reflection in the mirror, her lips were numb and her cheeks were pale, she wondered if she had lost all the blood in the fighting or if her blood is dried up, but how would she be alive then, the drubbing on the door made her flinch out of the reverie.

She went towards the door and opened it; he was dressed up in black round neck tee-shirt with same colored jeans.

He looked at her deeply, and then he frowned at the thoughts coming into his mind. He hadn't seen a girl looking this pretty in a hijab, actually he hadn't seen any girl like her before, he frowned again as he tried to speak in a gruff voice.

"You're my hostage and if I killed you here then no one would even know where your body went"

She looked him in his eyes as she spoke.

"Well, well you can't kill me, because you're a jackal! If you could then you would have already" she couldn't believe the strictness in her voice, it was the first time she had spoken to him, it was their first ever conversation.

"It's because I don't want to, I'm not a fool to compromise on such simple and unworthy things as a life" he smirked.

"You're a fool; you think life is a simple and unworthy thing! How foolish of you!" there was a hurt in her voice, he furrowed his brows and then he quietly turned around, she followed him...

☆☆☆☆

He was walking here and there in anxiety, the police officer's seat was empty and after a few minutes he entered while setting up his cap on his head.

"Yes Sahab, what you're here for?" he asked taking his seat.

"Sir my sister Zoha, sir it's been a month since she went missing and no one is able to find her until yet, sir please do something..." Rohaan pleaded while sitting across him, he was on the edge of the seat as he sat.

"Hmm, so you're telling me that we are useless to not being able to find her. Listen mister we've solved many cases like this people go missing but their bodies are found after months, it's nothing new, and yeah you don't deserve this clarification but still I want to let you know that you know about the lack of people we've in our police team and that few people are also busy in handling political affairs, that's why it's taking time, so just relax and let us do our work..." he briefed as he stood up again.

"Sir please listen to me for God's sake please wait..." Rohaan kept pleading from behind him but he didn't listen and made his way out.

Rohaan shook his head in disbelief...

☆☆☆☆

They were trailing down the mountains, she saw him leaping ahead. She looked around her, there was actually no one around her, the place was dreaded and had rumpled voices of many birds coming from afar, the briers were thorny. The big pines were on the both sides of the trail.

She knew she can't stop following him because he was continuously squinting at her and also in the briers and woods with so many deadly creatures she would be dead alone she knew, so it was better to stuck with him rather than going on her own.

She kept following him until he stopped, he turned around and she saw him coming towards her, she couldn't understand if they had to turn from here so she turned around as well but she felt him holding her wrist.

She reverted back immediately and hitched his hand.

"Listen hide behind that tree, if you want yourself safe, I'm coming back in five minutes and don't even think of looking towards me!" he motioned her towards the red marked tree, she followed his order. But she was peeking at him...

The verdant floor rising and falling into large and small hill peaks, she had heard of the natural beauty, it was her dream to visit a place with such scenery, but she had never imagined it to be there as a hostage.

He walked and walked until he stopped, a man with a thick moustache resting over his lips he was waiting for him and she saw as he took out a powder filled small plastic bag and handed him.

The other man took it but as soon as Rehaab was turning around, she saw the person taking out the gun from his pocket. Her eyes whipped open...