Did I let go of your hand?

"Hey Perrie, how've you been?" Christian asks, enveloping me in an unexpected but not unwelcome hug.

"Other than the massive traffic jam, doing well babe, thanks," I say, giving him a smile that, despite my best efforts, must still look a bit strained.

"Do you mind if we hold off on the club for just a bit? I just got home from the gym and I'd like to get unsweaty before I get sweaty again," He asks jovially, but the look he gives me suggests he's got something else on his mind.

"Course not, sweety. We can just chill at yours for a bit first, if you like. Maybe I'll mix up some drinks while you shower?" I say, my tone kind. I wonder if I'm laying it on too thick with the terms of endearment, but Christian's front door isn't far from his front gate, where three paps are camped out. I can't help but wonder whose management called them. It's a game of "whose boss is more biphobic" that I'd rather not be playing.

"That would be amazing, thank you!" Christian says, distracting me from my thoughts. He wraps his arm around me and quickly pulls me into his house.

He hastily shows me the first floor before herding me up the steps and into a bedroom.

I start to panic a bit. "Chris, I thought you were aware of the whole-"

"Ah, don't worry babe, he is," Jesy says with a smirk, hopping up from her place on the bed.

I gawk at her disbelievingly. "Wait, how has all of this-"

"Well, I know Simon had his little plan for us tonight, but then we came up with a little plan of our own," she says, pointing to Mychal who I've just realized is there.

"My apartment has a water issue. Had to stay with a buddy in the meantime," Mychal says slyly.

I laugh, unsure of what "water issue" entails, but entirely sure Jesy is to blame. "Wait, does the label know?"

"They will eventually," Jesy says with a smirk, giving Mychal a high-five. "Poor Mychie's apartment just flooded today. It was very unexpected. As such, he's not had time to notify anyone yet, have you Mychal?"

"You know, I haven't, Jessica. The pipe burst just after you got there, and I haven't had time to recover from the whole thing yet. Just so surprising," He says conspiratorially.

"You two are dangerous," Christian says with a laugh.

"Eh, we make a good team," says Jes. "Plus, an apartment with exposed piping? Practically begging for a problem. Doesn't hurt that my sack of shit dad was a plumber for the 30 seconds he managed to hold down a job, so I knew just how to handle the situation."

"This one is pretty quick on her feet, Perrie. Don't know how you keep up," Mych says, laughing. "I was pretty in my feelings about leaving Chris tonight, and your girl knew just what to do."

"She is smarter than she looks," I say with mock seriousness.

"Hey!" Jes yells, and the boys laugh.

"I'm only kidding, babe. You're brilliant," I say, pulling her to me and giving her a lingering kiss on the cheek.

"Alright, well, mine and Perrie's table at NRG won't be ready until ten, so maybe we'll grab a meal first? If you and Jes have got time, Mych," Christian asks, taking Mych's hand.

"Our table at 451 isn't ours until eleven, so yeah, we've got time."

"Alright then," Jes acknowledges.

And then the conversation lulls. Never particularly good at silence, I immediately try and come up with something to say.

"Can we just eat here?" I ask at the same time Jesy and Mych say: