Wedding

<[Saihaira's POV]>
  The Saihara kingdom is a quiet one. However there's nothing wrong with that, it's a very happy kingdom. I'm the prince of this kingdom, in just about a week I'll be king.

  I look at myself in the mirror, when did my hair get so messy? I look like a total wreck. My face looks pale and there are bags visible under my eyes. Maybe I should have fallen asleep sooner last night, I stayed up doing a lot of reading and worrying. Well mostly just worrying.

  It's weird no longer having my father around the castle. Don't get me wrong I appreciate what my uncle is doing, but it's still different. I only recently turned 19 so it's about time I inherit the throne. My uncle, Hideyoshi Saihara, has been ruling in the meantime but is ecstatic about me finally being able to take over.

  Things only changed about a month ago. That's when my father's illness grew apparent. He had done his best to not let me know but it got out of control. He was bedridden for a week before his death and the entire time he still wore a smile when he saw me.

  I think my father had known about his illness for a longer time than he let on. Last month he introduced me to a princess from another kingdom. Her name is Kaede Akamatsu, coming from the Morelia kingdom. She is one of the sweetest girls I've met. She is well trained in a multitude of different things, some things I've never even heard of. She's the perfect image of what a princess is made out to be, however, I'm not sure she wants to marry me. I'm told I overthink quite often so maybe I'm just doing that again.

  I take deep breaths as I begin to brush my hair, when was the last time I had done this? I don't think I can recall actually, luckily no one has seemed to mind. It's not like it's all surprising that I've been neglecting my needs, everyone has been so supportive and kind. Kaede had even stopped by to offer her support, it was kinda awkward for her to see me in such a state but she didn't seem to mind.

  But it was time for me to pull myself together and get ready for my wedding tomorrow. But why am I so nervous? This is what I wanted, to marry Kaede and become king... right? Of course it is! I've been dreaming of being king since I was 12 and Kaede would make a wonderful wife, maybe it's just I wished that my dad was here. But there's nothing to do about it now.

  There's a soft knock on my door "Sire?" I hear someone call, I turn my head to see my butler peeking his head through the doorway, wary of entering.

  "Yes?" I ask turning to face him. "You may come in," I say with a soft smile. The butler nodded and fully stepped in.

"Your uncle wanted to speak with you, only if you are up for it of course." he bowed respectfully. I chuckled lightly, it's nice that everyone is treating me with such care but it's time I put everyone at ease.

"Tell him I'll be there shortly, I just have to finish up here." the butler nods once I finish my request and makes his exit.

Once I finish getting ready I find my uncle in the throne room. "You wanted to see me?" I ask once I enter.

My uncle looks over at me and gives me a warm smile. "It's great to see your face roaming the castle." he joked "You feeling alright?"

"Well, I'm feeling better at the very least." I chuckle. "Thank you for taking care of me throughout all of this. Are you holding up okay?"

My uncle smiles softly and walks over to me to give me a big hug. "I miss him that's for sure, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt me half as much as it hurts you. I'm not as good with words as he was but I'm here for you buddy." he says rubbing my back. I try my best not to cry as I put on a smile.

"Thank you, that means a lot. But I think I'll be okay, at least for tomorrow." I say pulling away from my uncle.

"Ah yes, your big day. Are you nervous?" He asks with a joking smile.

I nod with a soft chuckle "Maybe a little."

He laughs "That's understandable, it is a lot after all, but you're ready for this." he gave me a reassuring smile with a supportive pat on the back.

"You're right, thanks again. I think I'm going to take a walk around for a bit though." I say. My uncle gives me a smile and a nod as I leave the throne room.

I walk around the castle and garden for a while. My mother was the one who started the garden. I don't know much about my mother, she left while I was young, but I do know she really liked flowers. As I'm walking around I feel something pull me aside, I don't think much of it before I feel something over my face and I start to blackout.

[891]