Forgotten

Three...

Hand in hand me and Kichi approach the entrance. The light fades behind us, my grip tightens on Kichi's hand. In response he squeezes back, the bonds around our wrist was glowing brightly. 'It's okay, Kichi is with me I don't have anything to be afraid of, it'll just be me and him...'

My hand is..cold? I go to squeeze again but there's nothing there. "Kichi..?" I call but the only response is my own echo. "Kichi?!" I look left and right but it's completely dark, the gold around my wrist dimly let me view my own empty hand. I take a few step back, it sounds wet under my feet. My footsteps echo with each step. 'Is this what happened to Hajime? How are we supposed to test our bond if we don't even stick together?!'

"Shuichi?" My blood runs cold, a chill running through my spine as I hear footsteps that aren't my own. I know that voice, I know it better than anything else and I know that's not Kichi's voice.

'Nono, this has to be some trick. A distraction? Yeah that's probably what it is.' I try to assure myself and no matter what I couldn't turn around.

"Ah! It is you! Oh how I've missed you!" He spoke, but it wasn't him, I know it's not him cause he's- "Hey? Are you crying?" I reach up to my face and find out that I was, I didn't even notice. "What's the matter?" He asks and I turn around to face him.

"YOU'RE DEAD!!" My body recoils. The light behind him is bursting, a magnificent garden is behind him. No that's not just any garden, it's his garden. The light lets me notice, it looks just like him. Every feature was there, that smile he would give me as a kid, those compassionate eyes. It looked just like him, tears begin to fall faster.

"Hey kid breathe," he said as he slowly approaches me, every step he takes let's the light cover the cave. I step back, it's not him. I can't let whatever this is trick me.

"I-I have to be somewhere.." I try to run away but I was fully in the garden now. He comes up and hugs me.

"I know you're looking for that friend of yours, so how about you have a walk with me first?" He gave me that comforting smile. I was sure it wasn't him but, he knew about Kichi? Maybe he can help.

With a soft nod he lets go of me. We begin walking the route me always would walk, it looks just like it did back then.

"So how's my brother been treating you?"

"I know you're not my father. My father is dead." I reply bitterly glaring at him. He looks shocked, but there was a moment of silence.

"Haha, knew we couldn't fool you. You're the only that knows all about this memory magic stuff after all." Memory magic? Do I know of any magic like that? I've never heard about a magic like that, but he claims that I'm the one who knows all about it. It feels so familiar but so out of reach. Would this make the father standing next to me, just his memory? That's the only thing that sorta makes sense.

A ringing could be heard, it started off soft but slowly grew in intensity. I couldn't find the source of the ringing, in fact I couldn't even move to check. I catch a glimpse of my father's memory, did he change? The lighting changes in the room and then

There was a distant voice, it sounded like singing. "Ah, how nice it is to hear her sing again." He speaks

The voice was like an angel, but I could not recognize who it belonged to. The air felt as if I was in a dream. Before I knew it I was following the melody, my fathers memory right by my side.

This didn't look like my fathers garden anymore, it looked like some kind of maze. The walls growing higher and higher the more I followed the voice.

It didn't take long to find the clearing, and there was a women in the middle, the one who was singing. Her soft blue hair flowed onto the pearly seats surrounding the fountain.

I didn't know this area of the garden, the flowers, the decor, that large fountain, I didn't recognize any of it. The fountain looked as if it was just made, I couldn't even recognize what statue rested on top. It was nothing but a giant blur. It began to hurt my head to look at so I stop.

"Where... are we?" I ask, turning to the illusion of my father. If this place were nothing but my own memories, then why are we here? My fathers memory chuckled.

"This is your mother's favorite part of the garden, every morning she would tend to the flowers. Letting her voice ring through the kingdom." My father said with a smile as he sat next to the women.

"I..didn't know that." This place isn't my memories, I didn't know anything about my mother. Then what is this place? I notice a door stuck in a rose bush. There was black smoke coming off of it, just like the smoke that surrounded Kichi's wrist.

"Why don't you stay with us dear?" My attention was back in front of me, where the women now stood. Her face was blurred, I couldn't even tell if she had eyes.

"I can't stay, I have to find someone." I couldn't look away as she smiles and shakes her head. Her hand found its way up to my cheek, she begins to draw tiny circles.

"I understand dear, but if you stay here you can remember everything." My head pounded with each word she spoke.

'What does she mean remember? Is there something I don't know? All these things about memories, what am I forgetting?'

"You can be with us forever, nothing will bother you here. He can't get you here." I push her hands away from me.

"Stop it! I don't know who you are! This is nothing but a trap!" I got fed up and rushed over to the smoking door. I reach out for the handle, ready to leave this stupid place.

"You don't want to go in there." That wasn't any of the illusion voices. I turn my head to see Mukuro standing a few feet away from me. Everything else was frozen, the colors were much more drained than before.

"And why not?" Is this some kind of trap again?

"It won't lead you to him." Mukuro doesn't move from her spot. Her expression is impossible to read.

"If it doesn't then why the hell are you stopping me?" Mukuro doesn't answer my question. "You're just upset your stupid trick is being cut short!" I go to turn the handle.

"I'm only allowed to help you once. I can't stop what's in that door, but it's not him."

"And how do I know you're not lying?" My hand slowly backs away from the handle.

"You don't."

'Why else would she stop me? Is she really trying to help? I can't just completely ignore the warning but, why me?' I look to the dim gold around my wrist.

>Open the door<

>Listen to Mukuro<

[1237]

A/N: WHOOOO CHAPTER 20!! I never thought I'd actually get this far in the series, but we got here! There's even a lot more of the story left! While I'm not the happiest about this chapter I hope you enjoy it anyways! I know updating this story has always been a bit spaced out, but I'm very thankful for all of you who have stuck through and got to this point.
But! I'm happy to announce; I posted the first chapter of a new story! Im actually super proud of that story and I'm so excited for you all to see it! It's not Oumasai, it's actually Oumatsu, but I wanted to put it here anyways because I really love the story and I think some of my readers are more open to ships. It's called "As Gold as the Sun" and you can find it on my page!
Thank you guys again for getting this far in the story, and if you read my other story I hope you enjoy that one too.