[21] blurry face.

COLBY'S POV

w o r d s: 2263

p a g e s: 7

When Ariana walked out the door a side of me knows how she feels about my best friend. I'm not blind. She may think I am but I'm not. I walk to the kitchen to grab a beer. It's one of those nights that you just want to get drunk and just throw all your fucking problems and relationship drama out the fuckin window. I open the beer and flopped on the couch scrolling through our shared Netflix account. She always watches the stupidest shit. Well, not really stupid because I got her into some of my favorite shows.

Many beers later, I'm drunk off my ass as Ari comes in the bedroom scolding me like a child. I don't mean the things I said. She knows that but I want to give her a reason to leave me. I know it's coming. I feel it in my bones. She gives me a glass of water as she cleans up the bottles as I slept. I didn't mean to get drunk that night it just happens because my brain wouldn't shut up about Brennen and my girlfriend. It makes me sick to my fucking stomach. I felt the bed shift next to me. I felt arms wrapped around my bare torso and soft lips on my chest. I love her so much but soon I have to cut it quits. I sigh at the thought.

X

The next morning, I had a killer hangover. I regret drinking so much. Ariana wasn't in the bed with me. I began to panic, what if she went running to Brennen? What if she went running to Devyn or Kat? My brain went wild but it calmed when Ari came in with coffee and wearing my shirt. "Morning, baby" she beamed. "Hmm, hi" I say with a groan. "I got you coffee to cure your probably hangover" she joked. "Ha-ha" I say sarcastically as I take the mug. "I know you didn't mean everything you said yesterday, I didn't take anything too much to heart" Ari says laying across my legs. "I don't even remember what I said" I groan into the cup. "You blamed me for losing our son" she huffs. "Oh, fuck I'm so sorry" I say. "It's okay, Cole trust me" she looks at me. Her face lost her glow. She's usually glowing every time she looks at me. "It's not okay, though" I sigh setting the mug down. "Cole, I love you and I know how you are when you drink" she sits up now. "That's no excuse" I tell her. She sighs. "Ari, please let me make it up to you" I tell her holding her hand. "What do you have in mind?" she asked. "I have ideas" I put her hand to my lips and kiss it. "That makes my nervous but good nervous" Ariana laughs. "Good, now come cuddle" I smile stretching my arms out for her. Ari comes in my arms and snuggles against my bare chest.

We finally get up from our comfortable position and get dressed to start the day. "So, what's the plan for today?" I asked Ari. "I'm not sure, what do you have in mind?" she asked me as she put on her makeup. "It's nice out, maybe hang by the pool or go to the beach then maybe get a bite to eat? I suggest. "Sounds like a plan" she beamed at me I kiss her shoulder. She was wearing one of my shirts as a dress. On her feet she wore high-top red converse. I get dressed in my usual black skinny jeans and a random shirt. I rake my fingers through my hair and watched Ari get ready.

When she was done packing our beach bag we headed to the beach. Today was one of the hottest days I've ever experienced. You instantly start to sweat bullets and the leather interior of your car feels like fire or lava. It's the most uncomfortable feeling in the entire world. Ari gets in the driver's seat. "No, no I'm driving" I say looking at my girl. "Why? I always drive my car?" she looked at me. "I know, I just wanted to drive I guess" I say as she gets out. "Fine" she kissed me I kissed her back holding her hips. She bends her back shutting the door with her butt. "Cole" a moan escapes her lips. "Ari" I groan. "Please" she begged. "Here?" I asked. "Scared?" Ari asked going inside my jeans I do the same. "No" I simple say sticking a finger in her. I hear her gasp out of shock.

Somehow, we made it in the car so we wouldn't be seen. "That was intense" Ari says brushing my hair out of my face. "Yeah, yeah it was" I laugh. "You know, I never had sex in a car before" she tells me. "Really?" I look at her. "Yeah" she laughs. "I don't believe that" I say handing her bra for her to put it on. "Well, it's true" she clips her bra and moves to the other side so I can change. "Well, I'm glad that you got to try it" I tease. She laughs as she watches me dress. "Do you want to help me?" I smirk. Ari rolls her eyes at me as she puts her shirt on well, my shirt. "This might be a bad time to say this but I'm doing something with the Trap House and I might be gone for a long period of time" I say. "That's...ominous" my girl says. "It's for a TFIL thing" I say putting on my pants. "Oh, no one told me that you were traveling" she pouts. "We talked about it for a while, I didn't know how to tell you" I sigh feeling bad that I'm taking a trip across the world without my baby. "Take me with you, we haven't had a 'vacation' together" Ari plays with the promise ring I got her. "I have to ask Elton" I tell her. Ari nods climbing in the passenger seat.