Eventually I sighed and picked up my pencil. As I began to write, I noticed her pulling out the note from her pocket. I quickly lunged for it, surprising her. She turned her chair at the last second, making me land on my stomach in her lap. I flushed a deep red and immediately attempted to sit up, but something sharp poked between my shoulder blades, pinning me in place. I turned my head and realized that she was pushing her elbow into my back with a glare.

"You will not try grabbing things from my hands again. Is that clear?" She growled. Her tone caught me off guard, but I didn't back down yet.

"B-but it's mine." I muttered. She dug her elbow into my back harshly and I gasped in pain.

"We can stay here all day, Miss Reagan, until you answer me properly."

"Y-yes, I understand." I bit back a retort. The pressure on my back disappeared and I was able to sit up.

"Good. Don't let there be a next time and make me punish you for your insolence." I watched with a scowl as she unfolded the note. I did not obey anyone - except Chase at work - and I hated how intimidating she could be and the effect that she had on me.

Her expression changed to one that I could not decipher as she read the note. After she finished reading, she merely placed it on the table and stood up. "You may leave once you have the philosophy down."

I quickly stuffed my notebook inside my bag and stood to leave. Dr. Williams did not say another word until I was at the door. "Tell your boyfriend that I apologize for the wait." She added in a cold voice.

I frowned in confusion for a moment before turning around and replying. "I don't date. My boss is picking me up."

She immediately turned to meet my eyes. "Your boss picks you up? Why?"

"He offered to drive me home." I muttered.

"Why?"

"He just wants to." I said in irritation, unsure why I was being interrogated.

But yet you're still answering her.

I ignored the little voice in my head. "Have a good weekend, Professor." I turned to exit the room.

"I am leaving as well. This is my last class on Friday." She gathered her briefcase to follow me out, but I quickly began to walk away.

I made it down the hall before I was dragged behind a column. My head snapped to see a familiar face. The same man who was with Trey on Monday stared at me in disbelief. "You attend this university?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise. I was about to add "aren't you too old to be a student?" but I saw students of all ages here.

"Answer my question first."

"Why are you so surprised? Trey attends too." I frowned.

"That's his cover. He meets the clients around here. Unless you're..."

"I'm not a spy or any of the sort." I muttered quickly. "I actually want an education."

"Then why do you want to join a gang?"

"I have my reasons. Now it's your turn answer my question." I demanded. I knew that I was being audacious, but I was going to at least try to get some answers.