-Epilogue: Guardian From Above-

Start from the beginning

"Everything?" I ask.

I still think this is a dream.

"Everything." She confirmed. "Kris, Jessie, and your new friend Cassie, who you've seemed to have taken a liking to."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"The clothes? The charger? Letting her stay in your extra room when she had nowhere to go?" Celeste replied. "Don't you remember?"

She giggled.

Right. This has to be in my fucked up head.

"My advice to you is simple. Be calm and think before you do something." She said, taking another, bigger step closer. "Your temper gets the better of you at times. It changes so fast now."

I take a step forward, as well. I'm getting tired of this. I want to go back to my house, my bed.

"I wonder why," I say sarcastically.

Celeste giggles a bit. "That's exactly what I'm talking about. Just, please, don't let your emotions take over. Think before you do anything. Trust me."

"I'll do my best." I sigh.

Celeste walked over and wrapped her arms around me.

"Just do your best. Please?" She asked.

I did the same. I missed her, and I don't want to let her go.

"I never hated you," I say, trying to keep my composure.

"I know that now." She said, pulling away momentarily. "But don't get all sad on me now Zeke, I have one more thing to say."

"What's that?" I ask.

"Ever heard of a guardian angel?" She asked.

"Yeah, a little bit," I reply. "What about them?"

I never really believed in them, though. I usually think it's just luck.

"Tell Kris her prayers were answered for you." Celeste winked. "You have a guardian angel."

"Who might that be?" I say as I raise my eyebrow.

"You're looking at her." Celeste laughed.

"Really?" I ask in surprise.

"Yep." She said enthusiastically.

"Why?" I ask again.

"Because Kris is worried about you," Celeste replied. "Mentally, of course. She asked me to help."

"How?" I ask. "You're dead."

"That's not important. From what I see, you think my death is your fault." Celeste said. "It isn't your fault, and it never will be. I never should've done it. I'm sorry."

"I should've been there for you," I say, looking away.

"You did your best, and I'm eternally grateful." Celeste smiled and hugged me tighter.

Just then, white light started to surround them.

"Will I have to go back soon?" I ask.

I didn't want to leave.

"Sadly. But I'll make sure I confirm that this is real." Celeste said, pulling away from the hug.

"And one more thing Zeke," Celeste said before placing a hand on My heart. "I'll be right here, no matter the circumstance."

"Thank you," I say.

"It's time for you to go," Celeste said. "You're welcome. I'm safe and sound; you don't have to keep searching for answers. Ok?"

I ponder the thought a bit, then nod with a small smile.

"I'll see you around," I say as the light surrounds me.

—————

I shoot awake. What just happened? Was that real, or was it all a dream? I look over to the nightstand and see Celeste's phone on with a picture was pulled up on the screen. It was a selfie of her and me standing in front of the Queen Mary. Her arms wrapped around my neck. I pick up the phone and admire the picture.

"Thank you, Celeste," I say before turning the phone back off and laying back down.