-Epilogue: Guardian From Above-

-Zeke-

"Hey. Get up." A voice said.

I find myself in an unfamiliar place with no discernible features I could make out. I quickly get to my feet and start looking around this unknown place. I see a figure in the distance, and when I realize who it is.

This has to be a dream." I say. "Celeste. This has to be a dream."

She turned to look at me, and a feeling of sadness mixed with anger came over me.

"Is it?" Celeste asked.

"Prove it's not!" I snap. "Prove it's fucking not!"

She seemed a little taken aback by my hostility.

"What happened to the Zeke I knew?" She asked in a playful tone.

I don't know what this is, but I want it to stop.

"He's dead," I say coldly. "He died the same day you did."

A genuine look of hurt flashed across her face.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly.

"You should be," I say with malice.

I turn around and take a deep breath. I don't want to say or do anything that I would regret.
I turn back over and take a couple of steps closer to her.

"What is this place?" I ask, trying to keep my composure. "Why are we here?"

Celeste looked at the floor as if trying to gather the right words to say.

"You know those slice of life books, right? The ones we used to read?" She said with a hopeful smile. "They have those parts where someone gives the main character advice to help them along the journey."

"I do," I reply with a more neutral tone. "Where was this going?"

That seemed to give her confidence, so she continued.

"That's the sorta thing I'm here for." She said, taking a small step forward.

"So this is my slice of life segment of the story?" I ask half sarcastically.

Celeste fidgeted in place before nodding her head.

The wave of anger was gone now, only leaving the feeling of sadness. I start to speak before she can get a chance to do so.

"I'm sorry," I say before she had another chance to speak.

"What?" She asked, confused. "What could you possibly be sorry for?"

"For snapping," I reply. "I shouldn't have lost my temper at you."

I then realize I'm talking as if she's alive and well. I need to remind myself that she, Celestia Smith, is dead.

"It's ok." She said. "It's not your fault."

"To me, it is!" I unintentionally shout. "Leaving you alone was the worst thing I could've done."

"You didn't know what I was going to do." She said, looking away from me.

"I had my ideas," I mutter.

Celeste cleared her throat and stood up a bit straighter.

"The reason why I'm here is that I have some advice for you." She said again.

Her attitude seemed to do a complete one-eighty.

"What may that be?" I ask.

"Let's just say I know what's been going on." She winks at me as she said that.