"Cessy, where is Riana?"

Cessy was the same maid who helped her out that early morning.

"She is out meeting Lady Camelia of House Mormont and Lady Everlet of House Grey. They are out to buy their dress for the royal party. It is uncommon for the royals to do such party so suddenly, so the ladies are panic to find their dress for tonight."

"Are you sure she is not meeting a man? Has she told you anything about a man she fancy?"

"She's not with a man right now. She has never said anything about a man she like. But wouldn't milady be the first one to know if she likes someone?" All the workers in the mansion knew how attached Riana was to Aria.

"Oh, you are right."

Aria remembered that the prince once told her that he met Riana first before meeting her at the royal party. But the prince never told her the exact day or time. If the prince met Riana already, she should be with the prince instead with her two friends from House Mormont and House Grey. When did they met? Could it be during royal party?

Then, Aria would not disturb them during the party. Yes, she should be their cupid. She was going to die in few months later, so there was no need for her to be the queen. Yes, Riana should be the queen.

"Milady, do you wish to go out too?" Cessy tried to catch Aria's attention. Aria was lost in thoughts that she forgot she was still just outside of her father's study room.

"No. Let's just use what we have in the closet. Help me choose, Cessy."

"With pleasure, milady."

🍁🍁🍁

The crown prince himself was surprised to hear about the event from king. He was only 21, and to be married at that age was not in his list of thoughts. It was natural to be married at a young age but he wanted to enjoy his single life.

Sword practice, hanging out with the knights and young lords at the bar and hunting were what he enjoyed. He would not be able to enjoy all of that if he was to be married.

Though he was a playful young man, Prince Noah was actually good at managing the country as he sometimes acted as the stand-in for the king. He disliked being involved in politics as he had the heart of a swordsman. He preferred to be a knight instead of a ruler.

However, Prince Noah accepted his fate as a crown prince. He knew he would not be able to drop off his title. He had already promise that he would lead the country for long peace.

He wanted to enjoy his life as a free man before he ascend to the throne. Marriage would tear his plan apart.

"I'm not going to attend that party." said Prince Noah as he digged into his food. He was being incognito.

"His Majesty will get angry if you abandon the party." Sir James, his knight just stared at him eating. "Just go and you probably find your true love there."

Prince Noah stopped eating. He wiped his mouth with his bare hand with another one still holding the spoon. His blue eyes stared back at Sir James.

"I am not going to find one there. I don't even know how love works. How would I know who will become my love?"

"Seriously, is that head of yours only full with food, fight, war and the well being of your people? There's no room for love, huh?"

"None." Prince Noah replied, as he continued to eat.

"You'll find it tonight. And you'll be a crazy man in love."

Prince Noah did not reply to it. He quietly ate his food. A crazy man in love — he thought. He believed he would not be like that but he felt like he could not find the words to object his knight's words and that Sir James might be true about it.

As they finished eating, Prince Noah and his knight quickly walked away from the bar. They were actually on a two-hour break from sword practice. They needed to go back to the practice ground as soon as possible. Late attendance will give them another two hours extra time of spartan practice which they did not like at all.

As the prince fasten his footsteps, he bumped into a lady in blue dress. She felt to the ground and had her right high heels broke.

"Riana!" said the two ladies that surprised to see such scene.

"My lady, are you okay?"

End of Chapter One