#WTMH Roll 7: Closure

Start from the beginning

Alam niyang di madali kalimutang ang nangyari noon. Isaiah was hurt. Marga was hurt. Di man niya alam kung anong puno't dulo ng hiwalayan ng dalawang kaibigan niya'y alam niyang pareho itong nagsakripisyo at nasaktan.

Di man sabihin halata naman sa mga mata at galaw ng mga ito na miss na miss na nila ang isa't-isa.

Isaiah was too prideful. Margaret was too consumed by her duty.

Niyuko ni Baxter ang cellphone na maraming missed calls mula sa amo.

Sometimes, love needs a little push.

They both deserve it anyway.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

With a towel drapes on his wet head, Isaiah entered the room wearing a white robe. Nakatalikod na si Marga sa kaniya at nakaharap sa bintana. He sighs as he opens his closet and pulls a fresh set of clothes. Sa sala nalang siya matutulog at sisiguraduhin niyang i-lo-lock niya ang pinto ng kwarto para kung sakaling magbago ang isip niya'y di siya agad makakapasok pabalik at mag-isip-isip muna.

He slid into a white pajama pants and blue shirt. He throws the damp towel on the floor and starts walking towards the door with a pillow and blanket when the woman moans.

"Isaiah?"

His hand on the doorknob froze. Nilingon niya ito.

She's still on her the same position.

'Must be my imagination.' Pinilig niya ang ulo pero umungol uli ito.

"Isaiah..."

He turns and walks slowly towards the bed. "Margaret?" Isaiah then heard her sniffs and moans as if... crying. "Margaret?" Tawag niya uli.

She moves and hugs the pillow tightly towards her chest. "Isaiah..." Nakapikit pa rin ito at natutulog. "Isaiah..."

His expression softens as he stares at her face spotted by the moonlight entering the window. Di agad siya nakahuma nang makita niyang may kumikislap sa gilid ng mga mata nito.

Those are her tears.

She's having a nightmare and she's calling his name on her dreams. "I-Isaiah..." Umaalog pa ang katawan nito at mas lalong hinigpitan pa ang yakap sa unan.

Gently, he sits on the bed without breaking his gaze on her. It creaks as his weight pushes the mattress down.

He just keeps staring at her in the middle of the night as she keeps calling out his name. Her tears keep showing.

'What do you want me to do, Margaret?' Isaiah ponders on his mind. 'Why do you keep calling me? Is this another one of your tricks to lure me to shatter the walls I tried to build?'

> The red-haired lady stood up from waiting in the lobby upon seeing him. "I-Isaiah..." She nods.

'After two years, you're back again?'

> "This is not about us, Isaiah."

'It is, Marga...' He lifted his hand towards her face. 'Because everything I do, you're always on my mind. I tried to forget you... but I can't.' His fingers close to touching her cheeks. 'I tried to move on... but I can't.' His hand froze. 'When I was mending my heart, you're off to marry someone.' Binaba niya ang kamay at tinitigan nalang ang babae. 'You keep on thinking about other people's feelings... but you failed to see mine when I was the closest one near you.'

'I needed you that time.'

'I cried for you that time.'

'I yearned for your help that time.'