Chapter 36: The Truth Behind

Start from the beginning

"You are going to report everything happening inside the company to me." He gives me a sideways look.

"How am I going to do that?" I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"That is what the training is all about." He says, smirking at me with an amused brow.

"What if I refuse to do the job?" I deadpan.

"You can't because I've already found you to be perfect for the job. My team is involved in this so you can't back away beside there's nothing dangerous about it."

"How do I know that?"

"Consider it a big help, this job will pay you a good amount. You alone will be enough to run your family house, all expenses I guarantee. And no one will dare to hurt you because I'm at your back."

"What is the job about?"

"You are going to be employed as the assistant to the CEO. This position isn't public only a referred person is prioritized which is a plus point for you and us"

"How so?"

"No one's going to suspect you. You have a good back up and we have an easy access to their documents."

"Am I being used for the wrong cause?" My voice a bit hesitant.

"That is no concern of yours." He gives me a sharp look but I don't flinch.

"It is totally my concern. Whichever involves me is my concern." I respond with determination.

"From here you need to get this inside your head fixed. You cannot question anything that is being ordered to you. You have to just trust and comply or else... it's going to get hard for you." His eye deprived of any emotions. I clench my hand into a fist and try to control my anger boiling inside of me.

"Don't worry we'll work on every part of you. You'll get used to it once you start your training."

"Why me Samuel?" I say lowly. As my mind works on to finding a reason, something to hold onto and something to calm myself.

"There is more than one reason for that but I'll tell you this one, it was way easier to maneuver your information. The place you came from is merely nonexistent to this world. We can manage to change all your data and it'll be not an easy task for anyone to get to your original data, more like impossible." He winks at me as he stands and moves towards the glass door which leads towards the shooting game, I stand up and follow him.

"What is this place?" I ask as I look between the targets on the end and the stalls separated by a small wall.

"This is the gun range." He smirks at me.

"Gun range?" I ask, still confused. He moves towards a stall which reads 3 on the top and drawls a weapon from behind his coat.

Weapon!? A gun!?

"You see this revolver." He says, pointing a finger at it and I back away a little in horror. He turns back and nears to the edge of the stall.

"You stand here and point its head to the target with an eye closed, aim your target, hold the gun firmly from under and fix your aim, mount the hammer and pull the trigger and-" The hall echoes from an ear-shattering boom, I shut my ears as soon as the sound vibrates through my ears. I curse under my breath and open an eye to see what happened.

I see smoke coming out of the head of the gun, a satisfied grin plastered on his face as I remove my hands and focus my vision to where his eyes were. I see the target and found a whole, few inches away from the center. My mouth drops nearly to the ground. I gulp a little inwardly and immediately clear my throat, I move closer to him and his smirk widens.