Chapter 10: Stalking to the Brothel

"So you were Sarah Harris." he leans in front of his desk with a cup of coffee between his hands and smirks at me "Where are your manners, Ms. Sarah? you're dealing with your boss right now." his smirk widens at me.

"You were following me from the start, I knew it!" I clench my fist in front of me."I don't care if you're my boss!" I scowl at him.

"I could dismiss you right now you know?" he arches an eyebrow at me.

"Try to do it and I'll remind you one of my punches." I furrow my eyebrows and give him a hard look, making sure from my demeanor that his position doesn't affect me in any way.

"Feisty, I like you. Okay, I'll keep you to this job. It'll be more fun that way." he said turning on his chair and I raise my eyebrow at him, questioningly which he didn't seem to notice. He throws the Styrofoam cup in the trash near the table, he stands up and walks towards me.

"Well, Sarah I would like that we maintain the discipline in front of the other staff. I wouldn't want anyone knowing that I knew you already." his hand crossed to his chest.

"But... how? Why do you cross my way every time? I thought this city was big enough." I snort.

"Maybe our fate's trying to connect us somehow?" he shrugs with amusement in his eye.

"You have to act like my boss if you expect me to keep my mouth shut." I roll my eyes at him.

"You got it. Now off you go to work, I'll pay you for work not to idle around." he shoos me out of his office and closes his door behind me.

"What?" I stood dazed outside his office door looking around the place like a dumb.

I don't know what more fate has to bring me. The city is full of surprises from the day I came. Nothing unusual.

Soon the place started to fill in and I move into the kitchen where Sabrina gave me an apron and a cap to put on which was supposed to be my uniform apparently. I was appointed as the barista and Sabrina was appointed to train me for the day. Sabrina Introduces me to the other staff and everyone greets me with a smile on their faces.

"Okay let's get you to work," Sabrina says, patting my shoulder and takes me behind the counter. A big window behind the counter reveals the kitchen to the counter so I can see the staff working in there.

Time passes and Sabrina teaches me everything for today that I needed to know. It was fun filling in the cups with different beverages, passing up the ordered meals to the customers. Some customers were in a hurry, while some were patient, some were angry and some were a couple who couldn't stop themselves from doing... you know the forbidden things but overall it was quite fun dealing with all the types.

It was all a new experience, meeting new people with different accents and dresses, witnessing their happy moments and developing a new connection with new people. It was like I was getting to know the outside world better and it wasn't so bad as it seemed.

I heave a sigh of relief when the clock strikes 4. My work was done for today and I go to the back of the kitchen which leads to the changing room. I was provided with a locker of my own, I put back my cap and apron in it and retrieve my scarf again and drape it over my head, I shut my locker behind and head out for home.

Wait...

I can't go home when the sun's still shining in the sky. I needed 'things' to do.

I've got a plan.

~~~

Slowly.

Easy.

I tiptoe towards my target, making sure they wouldn't notice me. They turn around and I instantly hide behind the trunk of a large tree. They observe the place and awhile later starts walking in their direction again.