Chapter 35: I Wish, I had not Wished (Flash Back)

Days passed, never did he or I mention the friendly/brotherly/whatever gesture you may call it. It was like that 'thing' never happened between us although not everyone was pretending to be oblivious about it.

"Did he do that again?"

"No." I deadpan.

"Did he talk about it?"

"No."

"Did he try to do something... else?"

.

.

.

"Did he talk any not-so-random-stuff?"

"Oh stop it already, Maria!" I huff and massage my temple.

"I have to make sure that you guys don't do anything stupid!" She nags about it.

"Maria, I would never do that and he also respects that," I tell her for the hundredth time already.

"Says the one who almost done it." She scoffs.

"It wasn't a kiss anyway!" I protest.

"Don't you say that word!" She scolds and I roll my eyes at her, not taking any more of her nagging.

It has been like this for a couple of days now. Maria never stops asking me about it even when I had accepted that it was nothing more but then Maria never fails to bring me back to my confused state or more like my own delusion. Well, it might be something more for me but not for him and I'm trying to adjust back to the way we were and I guess I'm very good at that excluding some of my awkward reactions. You know how ugly I could be. Pfftttt...

I have thought about sharing it with Sally but somehow I don't want another Maria who nags about it all the time. However I have still decided to tell her because let's face it, she is my best friend and I can't hide things longer from her. The sooner I get it out of my head the merrier.

And so I went to her house.

~~~

"He did WHAT!?" she asks and looks at me with wide eyes and agape mouth.

"You heard me and I'm not repeating that again." I huff.

"And you are telling me all this now?!" Anger evident in her tone.

"Come on Sally, be a big girl, cut this out and just help me out, would you?" I say as calmly as I could and she slumps down on her bed, thinking something, the shock leaving her body that had gripped her just a while ago. She doesn't say anything, her eyes fixed on the ceiling of her room.

"I knew it already, showing such gesture isn't something 'just ordinary'. " She emphasizes the last two words.

"Oh, what am I going to do Almighty! He was supposed to be my brother!" I rub my face with my hands in exasperation.

"Oh quit that brotherly thing! This is nothing but your father soothing himself by naming your 'bro-sis' relation with him." Her eyes throwing daggers at me and I flinch a few inches away. I cover my heart with my hand, pretending the hurt she just inflicted on me with her harshness.

"T-then what should I do?" I stutter.

An evil smile spreads across her face and I know she has something very devious in her mind. "Don't you worry about that, I have a marvelous plan and I just want you to agree on it." She rubs her hand in anticipation, creating a dark evil aura around her and I just watch her with fear in my eyes. "Come here, I'll whisper it in your ear." I scoot closer to her and she admits the proof of her evilness as she whispers and I gasp.