Chapter 36: The Truth Behind

I knock the door lightly with a tray in one hand, consisting of his usual breakfast items.

"Who's there?" He calls from inside.

"It's me." I wait outside and enter when I hear him approve my entrance.

"Here is your breakfast tray," I say, placing the tray to his usual spot on his table. I prepare to leave when I hear him clear his throat.

"Sarah, I want to take you somewhere today." I turn back to look at him. His hands clasped together on the desk and his eyes were focused on me.

"Okay," I reply and turn back.

"In fifteen minutes." I stop on my track again but don't turn back.

"Okay."

"Aren't you going to ask me where to?"

"Will it make a difference?" I say, turning my head to him and hear him sigh.

"Meet me outside on time." I nod without looking at him and without further conversation, I leave his office and went inside the changing room.

I don't know what further truth this world holds for me. I haven't been myself for a long time and this isn't going to change anything anyway.

I just pray to my Almighty that this doesn't cost my family, it should be just me who should bear the pain and only me and if according to Samuel this could in anyway help me then I'm ready to face it. I just don't want my family to get hurt in the way.

It's been too long already, they've other lots of thing to worry about and adding another pain would be an unbearable burden.

Last night, I couldn't sleep. My thoughts revolved around Samuel's words and the letter.

The letter.

If it wasn't about the letter, I would have been completely hopeless. I would have died out of worry, thinking about the possibilities I was going to be in from now on but the letter seemed to ease my turmoil. I was somehow at ease but it still didn't stop me from thinking.

As soon as I changed, I went outside and bid my goodbye to Sabrina whom Samuel basically told that he was taking me on another franchise survey with him. She told me I was very lucky to be somehow related to Samuel which had its own perks.

She wasn't in my shoe actually. She could never realize about how much of luck I was lacking with.

I waited outside. I was wearing my long coat with a headscarf on my head when I hear an engine roaring just beside me and when I look in that direction, I find a very stylish, sleek metallic car that screamed money itself. I have only seen such cars in pictures being a country girl I wasn't very much aware of technology.

"Get inside the car already!" Samuel's head popped outside from the car's backseat window and I walk awkwardly beside the back seat door, he opens the door for me and I get inside.

"Let's go, driver."

Throughout our ride, we didn't talk to each other. I look outside the window as my view changes from commercial and residential area to an abandoned area where there was no sign of car passing or another soul. My heart starts beating ten times faster. I was scared but I didn't let it get noticed.

After a long ride, we finally stop at a warehouse. The guy at the entrance opens the grill gate and the car moves inside. The car halts at the porch of the warehouse, letting me and Samuel out and then rushing out from the other way.

Samuel motions me to follow him and I do as he says, my body trembles with the passing time. He leads me inside and we cross several doors until he stops at the lounge where he turns and then faces me.