Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

As soon as I finished the call Mikasa had arrived on our floor and stepped out of the elevator. Eren had already moved our equipment onto the couch that was facing away from her so she wouldn't know what was going on. She had her favorite light blue backpack on and was wearing a hair piece I had bought for her when she was about nine. I smiled and motioned for Eren to pack everything and come with us.

" Why is he coming with us?" She asked.

" He's needs to be dropped off somewhere too, but it's beyond Auntie's house so I'll be dropping you off first."

" If you say so. Well then let's go! I can't wait to see Auntie again!"

I watched as she skipped into the elevator, holding the door open for us, wearing her big goofy smile. It was times like these that I felt like I could connect with my own little sister, and frankly I loved it.

We reached the lobby and headed out the doors onto the parking lot. Eren suggested we use my car, but I knew we'd come back and we'd get his as well. We all got in and I started it up, backed out of the parking space, and drove off the driveway of the hotel.

As we were driving Mikasa and Eren were sharing a lively chat, none of which was hostile, talking about school related things, Eren's friends and Mikasa's friends, and about the music choices I had.

" Hey, different people like different music genres. Unlike you young lady, I can hear your K-pop from the first floor when you're in your room."

" Oh shut up mister classical man." Mikasa said sarcastically.

Both Eren and Mikasa laughed and I couldn't help but join in too, which I suppose surprised them. We kept the lively banter as I kept driving, seeing that Eren and I needed this before everything starts to unravel before us.

I finally pulled into our Aunt's driveway and put the car in park. I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned to face my sister and Eren.

" Well, we're here as you can see." I looked over to Eren, " So I'm going to take her inside and I'm trusting you to watch over the car, can you do that for me?"

" Yessir." He saluted which caused me to chuckle lightly.

" Thanks, see you in a bit. Let's go Mikasa."

" Okay."

Mikasa and I got out of the car and walked up to the house hand-in-hand. Once we reached the front door I used my other hand to knock on the door and we waited. Eventually we heard the shuffling of feet and the door opened, and the person inside the house was our Aunt. Mikasa's eye lit up and she immediately wrapped her arms around the woman.

" Auntie! I've missed you so much, how have you been?"

" I've missed you too Mikasa, I've been faring well so what about you young missy?"

" I'm fine, so is Levi. Isn't that right?"

I looked over to my sister and nodded. Our Aunt told Mikasa the whereabouts of our Uncle and so she ran off to see him too, and so I was left at the front door with my Aunt.

" She certainly has grown up, and you too young man." She giggles and eventually her face went serious, " So I take it you and that boy over there are going to do something about what's going on in the city?"

" How did you know?"

" The news broadcast showed the state the city was in, I had to change to channel and turn the television off before Mikasa came over so she wouldn't see it. But promise me you'll be okay, promise me you'll come back to us."

I looked into her eyes and smiled gently, " Of course I will." I opened my arms and embraced the woman tightly, " I love you, Auntie." I gave her one more squeeze before letting go and turning for the car, " I'll leave her in your hands, bye!"

" Bye dear!"

I smiled once more and jogged for the car. Once I got in Eren almost immediately started throwing all kinds of jokes on me, but I couldn't stop thinking about what I had just promised to my Aunt. What if I couldn't fulfill it? What if the Titans get out this far from the city? No, I just have to calm down and not let the stress of the situation get to me. 

As I was driving down the highway I decided to talk with Eren as the ride this far was so quiet.

" So you want to go over the plan one last time?"

" If you want, but Levi."

" Hm?"

" What if there are more outside of Florida? What if we end up 'hunting' these bastards for the entirety of our lives?"

" Then we'll keep at it until they're all eliminated. I want the people we care about to live a safe and easy life without them having to fear living it. Besides, I promised Mikasa that I'd get her to go to school so we'll just focus on getting rid of the Titans that occupy this region for now."

" Sounds like a pain in the ass but alright, if that's what you want to do then I'll follow suit. So, about that plan."

" Right."

With that, Eren and I started going over the plan on annihilating the Titans in the city of Miami and making adjustments to secure a better survival rate. Hell, one could call this scenario an apocalypse of sorts. A bit cliche but I'm liking our odds about it, and I could tell that neither of us were going to go down that easily.

AN: Here's chapter twenty-four, man, this story sure did take a big turn. And also I didn't mean for this to turn out like some zombie apocalypse scenario but I thought that the idea of the humans who got turned into Titans (SRRY SPOILER FROM THE AOT MANGA!!!) would regain their memories but be too much to handle from how many people they've eaten back when Titans roamed the Earth. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter!!!

To Be Continued...