Chapter 31- Is She Really Sorry?

Start from the beginning

"Oh, right. Good idea!"

Sitting back down, Samantha reached shakily for her own water, her vibrating hands catching the attention of Alya.

Why is she shaking so much?

Alya assumed she was nervous and moved on to greet the head of it all- Brielle Evans.

Making eye contact, Brielle cleared her throat and waved her hand. "I'm sorry, but I'm not shaking your hand with all that pizza grease on it."

It went quiet for a minute, as Jasmine flushed and slowly wiped her hand on her pants.

"But..." She went on.

Silence.

"It's nice to meet you, Alya. Hope we can be good friends."

The smile that appeared on the girl's face seemed real, but also fake. Behind her eyes was a whole story, that Alya, a strong-minded reporter, and a sneaky fox, was determined to discover.

"Me too." The two redheads exchanged glances when Ms. Bustier's voice startled them both.

"Are you okay?!"

Turning back around, Alya caught a glimpse of Marinette as she ran out of the room, covering her mouth. She made her way back down the desk with a quick goodbye and stood at the door, watching as her best friend rushed to the bathroom. Nino was still eating pizza, rolling his eyes.

"If you were so worried this would happen, you should have stopped her."

"Don't sass me, Nino!" Alya teased, pointing a finger at him.

Adrien felt guilty.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Marinette leaned against the bathroom stall door, panting uncontrollably.

I shouldn't have eaten that much pizza.

It was obvious to her that the fact that she got sick wasn't just because of overeating. It was the stress that was piling onto her every minute. Earlier this month she'd been practically head over heels excited to be able to stay in Paris, but now, she wondered if things would have been better if she actually went with her parents. They'd be calling soon, for sure.

Getting another hot flash, Marinette fiddled with the bottom of her dress. Right now, she appeared weaker than ever. In this situation, she was used to Tikki being by her side, but now, she was all alone.

That's it. I'm leaving right now to go to Master Fu-

Gathering up enough courage, Marinette walked out of the bathroom and faced herself in the mirror. She couldn't do much, and she really didn't want to take her hair out of the braid Aria had done for her, but her hair was a mess and needed to be fixed. Reluctantly, she pulled her hair out of the hair tie and combed her fingers through it. Her hair, usually straight, was now wavy and flowed nicely down her back. Marinette hadn't realized how long her hair had actually gotten. Peering closer to the mirror, she observed her face. Damp from sweat and her eyes watery, she turned on the sink and began to wash her face and hands, while also patting down the frizz. Most of the makeup that she'd had around her eyes was now running down her face.