Chapter 31- Is She Really Sorry?

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, that's...disgusting."

Hypocrites.

Alya turned back to face front, shifting her body so she was facing forward. She just needed to keep ignoring them. Commenting on someone's eating habits wasn't kind, but it definitely was no reason to pick a fight. As long as Marinette didn't hear it-

"Oh, did you see that photo from earlier, Brielle?"

"Which one?" Taking a sip of water from a purple bottle, the redhead cocked an eyebrow.

"With Marinette..." She paused, "And Adrien,"

Alya tensed.

"Haha, yeah, I did."

"If you look really closely..." Jasmine leaned in but didn't have the guts to finish the sentence.

"You can definitely see some belly rolls and cellulite. Nobody should have that much fat on her body, especially not someone who's modelling. It's like she doesn't take care of herself at all. I'd hate myself if I looked like her." Brielle stated callously, keeping her voice at a conspiratorial, just loud enough for the kids close to her to hear. But Alya had ears like an animal and could make out everything that was just said. Hopefully, Marinette didn't catch it.

But judging by the look on her face, it sure looked like it did.

Marinette took in the last slice of pizza before tossing the plate to the side. The door to the classroom opened, and Ms. Bustier and Adrien walked in.

Where did they go?

Marinette blinked and leaned forward on the table, suddenly feeling embarrassed that there were so many paper plates around her. Throwing them all quickly into a pile, she felt happy when Alya took over and acted as if some of them were hers. Either way, Adrien didn't seem to notice and took his seat.

Alya gathered the garbage and thought about what to do. Marinette seemed as if she didn't want any fights started, but what those girls were saying couldn't be handled lightly. It was wrong. Telling the teacher would only make things worse anyway. Besides, she wanted to try and acquaint these girls before hating them. Just because Marinette and Adrien seemed to despise the girls so much, and Brielle was once akumatized, didn't mean she should dislike them as well. Taking a deep breath, Alya wandered over to the back table, her heart in her throat. She needed to be friendly, she needed to be on their good side. For Marinette, especially.

"Hello." She said as she approached, clearing her throat. "I'm Alya Cesaire, it's nice to meet you."

Forcing a smile on her face, Alya held out her hand, receiving conflicted looks from her peers.

"It's nice to meet you!" Jasmine said, shaking Alya's hand. Feeling a bit better, the redhead smiled more. Samantha stood up and bowed her head shyly.

"I'm Samantha-"

It was true that Alya recgonized them. She remembered them from the day Empathie almost killed Marinette. They were victims too.

"You already said that earlier, Sam, remember?" Jasmine corrected but received a dirty glare from the blonde.

"Yes, I remember. But it's good to introduce yourself personally as well."