1

[A/N: Before this starts, I'd just like to put a warning here of the contents of this story. There are some very serious and dark matters in this story including physical and mental abuse towards others and one's self. All of these are very real problems people struggle with. So, please, be understanding of what's contained in this story. And be kind to all those you meet.  

I feel very strongly towards such topics within this story. Sometimes, you write the best stories which you can best relate to. ❝Everyone has a story that will break your heart. And, if you're really paying attention, most people have a story that will bring you to your knees.❞

Everyone struggles with something. So, please please be kind and understanding towards others because you just never know. Even those close to you can hide their true feelings.

Also, as you're reading, keep in mind what my main character has/is going through. Her thoughts might be confusing, mixed, and/or abrupt.

And, so, without further ado... I give to you my story. :)]

[Okay last thing XD Please please please listen to the songs I've chosen for each chapter. It really helps with the mood and all that good stuff... okay carry on!]

I walk down the street, the overhanging lights guiding my way through the desolate roads as I head towards my job. The wind pushes violently against my back, and I pull my short coat tighter around me, trying to grasp onto any warmth I have left inside. But the wind and the crisp night air seem to steal whatever is left of it. 

Shivering, I finally arrive at the club, music blaring from the windows and doors, and multi-coloured lights shining through the tinted windows. A line of people wraps around the building, each of them waiting to enter the busy club for their night off. Just at a glimpse, they were probably going to dance the night away and get laid to leave whatever troubles they have behind if only for a night. 

I walk to the opposite side of the building for employees. I scan my ID, pulling my coat tighter around me as I step into the building, the warmth of it hitting me. The lights are dim so I have to feel my way around through the back room, stepping around lockers and boxes and hooks. I take off my coat and hang it up in my designated locker. Peering into the mirror next to it, I turn halfway around and look over myself. I have to look decent in order to bring in the money I need to keep up my half of the rent. My roommate, and friend, pays for the other half plus the food. 

I nod at myself in the mirror, touching up my hair which I previously wrapped up in a loose bun on top of my head, a few of my black curls framing my face. Sighing, I close my locker then walk out into the club, immediately swallowed by the already large crowd. I think about the people outside still and how much more crowded it'll soon be. More people means more money, though. 

I walk over to the bar and lean against it, my arms folded neatly on the counter. 

Dave, the bartender, comes over to me smiling. "Hey, Ang, how's it going? Did you just get here?" 

I nod, smiling back. For a second, I peer over my shoulder at the crowd bumping and grinding on the dance floor, some kissing quite passionately against the far walls and corners. 

"Well," he said, chuckling, "go round up some cash." He hands me a server's platter with drinks already on it and gives me a thumbs-up. 

Waving him off, I disappear into the crowd and offer people more drinks. As if they need anymore.