Chapter 17- Whoopee Cushion

I groaned when the sunlight reached my eyes. I turned to my side to try and block out the sun but it was no use. The damn sun won’t leave me alone. I grumbled nonexistent words and stood up to close the curtains.

I went back to bed and closed my eyes once again. I snuggled to the warm thing beside me, this is comfortable. Just as I was starting to drift off to sleep, I felt something press against my bladder. Dammit! I need to pee!

I tried to remove the arm pressed on my bladder. My thoughts stopped on one word, ARM. With that realization, I jumped and went to defense mode. Newly awakened me got clumsy and let’s just say I ended up on the floor with a thud and the word “umph.”

Seth took that as a sign to wake up and look around the room. When he saw me on the floor, his face flashed confusion then turns to amusement. “What are you doing on the floor?”

“Because I’m in love with it, what do you think?” I snapped at him, I am grumpy this morning and every morning for that matter.

He let out a chuckle and held out a hand to help me up. Seeing as I’m already pissed, why not spread the love. I pulled him and he landed beside me on the floor. He glared at me but I was laughing so hard to even care.

“I am never helping you off the floor ever again.” He grumbled which had me laughing again. What is wrong with me? Maybe I’m becoming crazy.

“Are you sure you’re going to keep your word?” I raised an eyebrow and smirked. He tried not to smile but failed, he chuckled then stood up and carried me bridal style.

I was now blushing profusely and I kept my mouth shut as he carried me back to the bed which is about a foot from us. Maybe he’s exhausted, note the sarcasm. As much as I want to stay with him, my bladder is about to explode so I sprinted to the bathroom.

I did my morning routine and got out. I made my way towards the dining room to find my family, Amy and Seth eating breakfast without me.

I sat on the only empty chair which is between Seth and Amy. I piled food on my plate which consists of pancakes, bacon, eggs, blueberries and strawberries. Am I that hungry? I think not, I just really love food.

My father spoke as which silenced the whole table. “How about we have a barbecue?” With those words, Sarah squealed and clapped her hands.

Denise rolled her eyes at Sarah while Amy snickered at my sisters. Sometimes I think Denise is more mature than Sarah. Seth agreed to my father’s suggestion and we distributed tasks.

My mother and Amy are in charge of food, Denise wanted to make the drinks and help in the kitchen. Sarah took charge of designing, let her be, she loves designing things, she totally took the wrong course. My father is going to man the grill and that left Seth and I to buy the groceries.

There is now an awkward silence inside the car and I didn’t know what caused it. “Seth, can I ask a question?” I broke the silence that enveloped the car.

“Sure.” He was still looking at the road, he was wearing a button down shirt and jeans. His hair is disheveled which look so hot.

“Wh-why a-are y-you l-looking for a w-wife?” I stuttered, that is one example of his effects on me. He chuckled which had me turn into a walking tomato.

“I need an heir.” He has his business voice on, the same voice he has when I first called him a month after I moved.

“Why?” I had a confused face on and I don’t think he got my question because he put on an ‘are you serious?’ look.