Chapter 4-Moving Forward

Chapter 4- Moving Forward

“Ysabel, I want you to stay away from me.” Those nine words hurt, those were the words out of his mouth as he drove me back to my apartment. The lunch was wonderful but the ending did not exactly scream perfect.

I tried to understand what he was trying to say. He wanted me to stay away from him. Did I come off as someone desperate? I wanted to understand why. I wanted to slap him when he said those nine words but I couldn’t find enough reason to do it.

So here I am, back in my apartment and screaming profanities at my pillow. I most likely smeared my make up on my pillow but I didn’t care. I called my best friend and she said she’s on her way.

“What happened?” Amy asked as soon as she stepped in my apartment with half a dozen beers in each of her hands.

“Nothing.” I muttered. She knows me too well, she knows I will spill everything to her the moment I have alcohol in my system.

We sat comfortably in the couch, as comfortable as I can be. I’m still in my dress. I’m too worked up to function properly.

Three hours and six beers later...

“Amy!” I whined.

“No.”

“Give it to me!” I tried to reach for my phone in her hand but she wasn’t as drunk as me.

“No! You’re drunk!”

“Am not!” I said rather petulantly.

“Am too.”

We continued our pointless banter a couple of times before I landed on Amy’s lap and she was stroking my hair.

“Care to tell me what happened?” I hoped she would let this go but she has been constantly asking me what happened, I think I’m drunk enough to tell her what happened.

“Basically, Sarah played match maker between her ex and I. She thought her ex and I would be perfect for each other, so she arranged for us to have lunch together.”

Amy didn’t say anything so I continued. “We had lunch at a five star hotel, everything was perfect, except for the fact that I kissed him.”

My bestfriend’s eyes widened at this but she still didn’t say anything. “Then he told me I should stay away from him and he dropped me off then I called you.”

“Why would you kiss him? I never pegged you as the first move kind of girl.” She teased me which caused my cheeks to redden.

“I don’t know what happened. We were fine one minute then I was kissing him the next.” I slurred.

“Ysabel! He got scared, you scared him away. I suggest you call him and apologize.” She poked my cheek and I gave a small nod.

“Isn’t that what we were arguing about earlier.” I tried to smirk but seeing as all my senses have gone numb, it came out weird.

“Yes but I want you to call him when you’re sober, not drunk out of your mind.” A cold drop of liquid landed on my face and I glared at my bestfriend. She was still drinking and as for me, I am wasted.

Maybe I’ll call Seth in the morning and apologize.

*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~-*~-*

I woke up with another banging of my door. Dammit! What is with these people and waking me up so early in the morning? I let myself drop to the floor and I tried to crawl my way to the door.