Chapter 21

The Ascension Island airbase was deserted but for four private jets, queuing for take-off. The flat land with the odd peaked mountain was desolate and windy. Four lone figures stand in the middle of the runway, away from all other protection. Against the setting sun, they wear heavy coats and speak in quiet, particular voices. According to tradition, the masks of their family still take pride of place on their faces. Even on this tiny island in the Atlantic, meeting together has its risks if they were to be recognised.

"Welcome to this extraordinary meeting." Mirna begins. "With The Monk missing, I'm acting lead and I'm sure none of us want to be here longer than we need to be. These are troubling times. We are under threat and at war. Shall we get going?"

The rest of the group nod their heads. Mirna, the fire of the Balkans, starts briskly.

"Ramirez, an update on our American endeavour please?"

"We believe The Monk left everything behind to protect his daughter Abigail and his granddaughter. He will almost certainly be in the US. We're still trying to get the search areas narrowed down but almost certainly east or south east. His plan for the line to be continued through the Seymours is still in play. Once we've found them, we'll get the DNA test done to confirm."

Ramirez, leader of the Americas, was always upbeat and positive. Her sunny approach grated on Mirna but the mutual respect between two tough and uncompromising women always allayed that nagging annoyance.

"We need immediate intelligence. Up our efforts. Revisit all properties and safe houses as he might keep them on the move. Let them live out their lives how they want - just find them and ensure the line is continued and that we can ensure their safety." Mirna replies to a nod from Ramirez.

"As you can see, the oldest face of the Order is back. With The Monk currently inactive, Olsen, as the new family head, will cover my Asian and Oceanic operations while I pick up in Europe."

Jonas Olsen was a very distant relation to the original lines. He didn't believe in the other worldly stories but certainly craved the position, notoriety in his family and the money. It was the family business. He'd originally scoffed at the cloak and dagger procedures but now embraced them with gusto and glee. He looked at Mbozi Obekulowu's mask; an exaggerated mouth with red slashes all over, marking his unnecessary kills. Not the ones that were needed, the ones done for his pleasure. No one knew his real name: Mbozi was a nickname given after a previous bloodbath in Tanzania.

"Point two - the enemy. Lohikaarme." Mirna continued briskly.

"The Intern will be marrying Thame's ex-girlfriend soon."

"Not an issue." Mbozi jumped in.

"Not if we find The Monk and get a positive ID." Ramirez agrees.

"No, but Lohikaarme's DNA remains." Jonas points out.

"Exactly. Henry's heir who runs the business is far worse than we thought and strangely apt at running a big business. Luckily we have some human weaknesses to exploit. The boy likes his whores, and is rather brazen with the work of Lohikaarme." Mirna continues.

"How so?" Ramirez demands.

"As he's got more successful, he's got more arrogant and flashy with it. On the business side, we've taken 20 percent of shares currently across different holding accounts. We now have a seat at the board. Just one currently but we're continuing to unsettle things, trying to get Henry's yes men to turn on him. Then we can have a stranglehold on the final leg of Lohikaarme's influence. But there's a new piece of evidence which is alarming." Mirna pauses and scans the eyes of her fellow leaders.

"The DNA. We must get it and control it. Thing with them hiding in plain sight is that we can see everything registered to the company. Their property and records. We also need to see any additional ones they haven't listed. Mbozi, get your team to hack them and get all our records updated. Look for any facility that doesn't sit well or any new employee or employees in the medical or research profession. Their size and strength is their weakness. Let's not to be lazy like them."

"Why take the DNA?" demands Mbozi, "Let's just burn it all away forever."

"I agree." Jonas concludes, still not believing in the stories and history of The Order.

"I do too, but let's get it first. One last part of the Old may still be handy. Could be a weapon?"

Mirna jumps in. "Agreed. Let's get it first. Is that all?"

A member of Mbozi's team approaches the group, whispers in his leader's ear and passes him a folder.

Mbozi shakes his head. "It seems we've got a more important issue. Our Lord is back and we've finally found a CCTV picture of the last person he saw before he disappeared."

The Group are visibly shaken. A missing Thame was OK. Hidden and forgotten when they have the line assured was best for their needs. They didn't want to lose their power and influence. Mbozi takes out a photo from the paper and shows it around the three of them. Jonas doesn't know the person but the other three's eyes open with worry and anger.

"Paimona." The words smash through Mirna's gritted teeth.

"My Lord, she's back. I thought that bitch was dead?" Ramirez's jaw tightens.

"Seems not," states Mbozi. "She owns a business out of Italy for whatever reason I have no idea. We have no idea what she wanted with Ormr, but it can't be good for us. I hate that bitch; there's no chance she's coming back to this fold and leading again."

"Agreed. Clean lines and breaks." Ramirez agrees.

"We need to regain control of these situations, there are too many variables. Mbozi, you take her out once and for all." Mirna turns to him. "And do it in the way only you know how."

A manic smile spreads across his face.

"There's one more thing. Thame, our Lord Ormr." He points out. "He's coming back. He was seen getting on a freighter headed back to Britain. He's coming home."

"Why is he doing that and not just flying back?" Jonas asks.

"We don't know." Mbozi admits.

"It'll be a plan of that bitch. Something isn't right." Ramirez points out.

"Thame is a loose cannon. He is best asleep like the others that wouldn't play ball before." Mirna takes charge again. "Jonas, your first order of business with your background is to lead a small team and intercept him on the ship. Take a Doctor, get his sperm and dispose of him after. Drown him at sea so he stays missing forever."

"There is one thing," Mbozi interrupts, "From the footage we have, it seems that Ormr is the most present in him since he killed Sir Henry."

"Olsen, try not to kill anyone, it'll make a fuss. Just put the boy to sleep and Ormr won't bother you. Scare the crew but we don't want an international incident. Our police will intercept them on arrival and keep it all under wraps." Mirna concludes. "We've got an heir so go get a spare."

The group nod and leave with their orders. They go to their planes and take off without further discussion. Ramirez is off to find John Seymour, Abigail and the line of Ormr, Mbozi to deal with Paimona and Sir Henry's business, and Olsen to secure and protect Ormr again. Mirna walks away pleased, liking her leadership. With a power like her in charge, she thinks, why should The Monk need to come back?