Chapter Forty Three

Start from the beginning

How true, and what a silly question of me to ask.

"It's such a shame daddy didn't come to play," Kinjal smirked.

A scowl formed on my face immediately. "He never would and never will."

"Ah, never say never-"

"As if-!"

The sound of the doorbell echoed and my eyes widened. Kinjal only smirked at me and without a word, she got up to get the door.

What the? Could it... but-

Arnav came barging into the room and his eyes landed on me. I immediately stood up, my eyes unable to drop from his face. He was mad, but he looked relieved.

Kinjal came into the room. "Well it looks like I was right," and she met my eyes. "Never say never."

Arnav scowled at her before coming over to me, caressing my face within his hands. "You had me very worried Khushi."

I opened my mouth to speak, but Kinjal beat me to it.

"Oh stop it Arnav. We were just spending some quality mother-daughter time."

Is she for real?! "You are no mother of mine," I sneered.

"Oh? Is that any way to treat the woman who spent 9 months carrying you and delivering you into the world," she smirked.

This woman is honestly something else.

"We're leaving," Arnav said, keeping his eyes on me.

"But-"

"Now."

Arnav took my hand in his and began walking us out.

"You sure you don't want to stay," Kinjal called out.

But Arnav didn't stop and I continued to follow him out. Outside, behind my car was the car he came in. He didn't say a word and got in his car and waited for me to get in mine. Silently, I entered the car and followed Arnav back home. When we arrived, Arnav didn't say a word to me and entered the house.

What's he being all mad for? I'm the one who went and faced the bitch, I should be the one that's pissy!

Arnav went up to our room and I lamely followed behind. When I got into the room, I found him standing in the middle, his hands in his hair.

"...Arnav?"

Arnav turned and looked at me. Once again, he was in a mix of emotions, looking relieved yet irritated as fuck!

I shut the doors behind me and went over to him.

"Arnav I-"

His lips clashed down over mine amd I couldn't help but to moan. His hands went straight into my hair, entangling themselves within it. My hands gripped onto his forearms, still quite taken aback by his sudden gesture.

Arnav released my lips with a bite on my lower lip. "Don't ever do that again."

"Arnav-"

"Khushi, what were you thinking," he asked, stepping back.

"I... it's just... dammit Arnav, I just had to! Okay? I had to!"

Honestly, I did have to.

I released myself and moved away from him, crossing my arms.

"I don't get it Khushi. Why did you have to? If I had gone-"

I turned back to him. "If you had had gone, it only would've been another prize after the money."

"What the-?"

"She obviously still wants you Arnav. Why else is she doing this? I've taken bio and aced it with a A-, okay? I may not have fully grasped the concept of photosynthesis but I definitely did get sexual reproduction!"

"What-?"

"You showing up there was exactly what she wanted. I don't know how mich attention you paid in that place, but I did - a lot. Not only was that woman in just a robe, but she had a bottle of wine and sitting over by the fireplace. Who knows what would've happened if you went instead of me," and I sat down on the bed, gripping onto the sheets.

Honestly that woman... just... argh!

Arnav moved over in front of me, standing with his arms crossed. "You really think something would've happened if I went alone? Seriously?"

When I looked up at him, it was clear that he was irritated.

"Arnav, I don't trust her," I said sternly.

"You don't trust her or you don't trust me?"

My jaw dropped open. Is he fucking for real right now?! "Arnav I never said that-!"

"But you implied it."

"No-"

"Khushi I know how to take care of myself, especially when its comes her-"

"If you really did, then this whole situation wouldn't be happening in the first place-!"

I stopped myself as soon as I realized what I had said. Arnav's eyes widened in shock and I immediately regretted my words, especially when I saw the hurt spread through his eyes.

I reached out to him. "Arnav I-"

But Arnav stepped away from me. The look of hurt and shock remained on his face, and without a word, Arnav left the room.

"Arnav," I called after him, but he was gone.