Chapter 36

Awkward.

That's one of the many words that describe the tension that is between my mom and I.

The plane ride went very smoothly. I ended up falling asleep during the whole plane ride, even through Sofia's snoring. Roger stayed with my mom and he talked to his wife the majority of the flight. Roger told me that my mom was just sitting there as if she was thinking during the whole flight.

She just sat there...

Not even on her phone...

Strange.

We are currently on the way to the studio where the Ellen show is filmed. The car ride is silent as Adele is quietly being played in the background.

My mom and I haven't spoken to each other since our argument. In fact, she hasn't spoken once as well as not taking any phone calls.

So much for being a good manager huh?

"Is this the turn?" Roger asks as he looks approaches the stop light.

"I guess, don't you see that big poster with her face plastered on the wall?" Sofia responded as she points at Ellen's face on the building in front of us.

"I just needed some confirmation." He muttered as he turns left at the light.

We stopped at the gate in front of the building as the guards called the producers to let us know that we have arrived.

There is a line full of people that wrapped around the building. Many of them are wearing my merchandise as well as holding different signs with my name on it.

They noticed Roger's car and started screaming as some guards try to stop some fans from running up to the car.

Sofia rolls down her window, "What's up bitches, we have arrived!" She yelled as she sticks half of her body out of the window.

I rolled my eyes as Roger parks in the guest parking space.

We get out of the car as some of the workers escorted us to the backstage area.

"Hello my name is Elizabeth and I am the assistant producer. Basically today, Ellen is going to announce your name and ask you a few questions about tour as well as some questions involving your whole disappearance. After that, you are going to perform some songs off of your album." She said as she directs us to the set. She shows us the area where I will be performing as well as the area where the interview is going to be.

Sofia and Roger run to where Ellen would sit. Sofia pushes him out of the way as she sits down on the chair, causing him to fall. He lets out a childish grunt and crosses his arms.

"Wow, I feel like Ellen DeGeneres. Where is she anyways?"

"She is in her dressing room right now, but she will talk to Mia after she is done getting ready. Why don't you guys head to the green room and Mia will follow Jessica to her dressing room." Elizabeth said as she leads them to the green room.

I followed Jessica to my dressing room as I stole a few glances behind me to look at my mom. She remained silent the whole time as she followed Sofia and Roger.

"So we have a few outfits for you to try on. Did you have a look in mind?" Jessica asks as I sit down in front of the mirror.

"Uh, I want something really simple and natural. I don't need to wear something revealing because this is just an interview." I said as she nods in agreement.