Chapter 18

After a long day of Christmas shopping, I have finally finished. Emily finally found the perfect microwave for her parents and I found the perfect gift for Ace. I come home to my Grandma making apple pie and meatloaf while my grandpa is yelling at the television because the people on Wheel of fortune are "stupid." My dad is currently taking a nap on the couch since he has been at work since 5 am.

"Hey Mia, how was Christmas shopping?" My grandma asks as she starts setting the table.

"I finally got everyone the perfect Christmas gift." I say as I help her set the table.

"So I heard that you are performing at that Disney Parade. When are you leaving?" My grandpa asks as he gets up from his seat and head towards the dining table.

"I leave tomorrow. I wish my mom told me sooner but you know how she is." I say as I walk towards the couch.

"But that's still exciting dear, I know how much you wanted to perform on that parade." My grandma says as she sits down next to my Grandpa.

"Hey dad wake up, dinner is ready." I say as my dad slowly opens his eyes.

"How was your day kid?" He asks as he starts stretching.

"Pretty good, but I have to see mom tomorrow." I say as I walk back to the dining table.

"Meeting up with Satan herself I see." Grandma says which causes my grandpa to laugh hysterically.

"Mom..." My dad groans as he makes his way to the dinner table.

"C'mon, you know it's true." Grandpa comments as he takes a bite of his food.

"So, how was everyone's day?" I ask trying to change the topic.

"Your grandfather and I went to the Art museum downtown and then afterwards we met up with some friends for lunch." Grandma says as she takes a sip of her wine.

"What is your mother doing for Christmas this year?" Dad asks.

"I'm not sure if I am honest, but usually she is somewhere tropical for Christmas while I am at home with Sofia and her family."

"See look at that, that devil leaves her child alone on Christmas day. Christmas is a time to spend time with your love ones. How many times has she left you alone for Christmas?" Grandma says.

"Uhm well, let's see... I think this is her third year? Usually years before that she brings over her colleagues or something like that. Either that or she is gone Christmas morning and doesn't come back till like 2 am in the morning. I mean I guess there is no point in her showing up if I don't ask for any gifts. Well I do ask for one gift every year but mom always refuses."

"And what gift is that?" My grandpa asks

"A plane ticket to Virginia."

===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-

"Alright kiddo, I hope you got everything." My dad says as he hands over my luggage.

"Yup that's everything." I sigh as I look at the other passengers boarding the flight to Orlando.

"Make me proud kiddo." He says as he pulls me into a hug.

"Uhm... did you expect me to disappoint me?" I chuckle as I pull out of his hug.

"Of course not sweetie. I just felt like it was necessary to tell you that, of course you will make me, you always do." He smiles as he looks back at the line. "Get going kiddo, don't wanna let Maria wait too long."

"Bye dad, I love you."

"Love you too kiddo."

short chapter but next chapter will be the parade performance :))