Chapter 12

Today is my date with Ace, and I am extremely nervous. It is currently twelve in the afternoon and I am currently on FaceTime with Sofia trying to find an outfit to wear.

"How about this one?" I ask as I show her a white Adidas crop top with black leggings.

"Hunny, you need him to wow him. You need his little friend to stand up on the sight of you." She says as she eats a bowl of popcorn.

"You did not just say that to me..." I say as I cringe at her comment.

"Hmm... You are going to a state fair so wearing a dress or skirt is out of the picture..." She says as she stares at her empty bowl. I kept looking through all my clothes as I stop at this one outfit

 I kept looking through all my clothes as I stop at this one outfit

"Oh yes girl this is it! That's the one! Okay, now go get dressed and do your makeup light." She says.

I walk to the bathroom and change in to my outfit. Then I put on my colored contacts and my wig. I grab some concealer and cover my dark circles under my eyes. After I blend everything I set it with some translucent powder, and then I curl my lashes and put mascara on. Then I lightly fill in my eyebrows and set it with some clear eyebrow gel. After that I put on my glasses and head back into my room.

"Okay Sofia, How do I look?" I say as I twirl around.

"You look so gorgeous, Wow if I was I guy I would totally b-"

"SOFIA!"

Sofia laughs,"Wow your face was so priceless. If only I could have taken a picture."

"I gotta go Sofia."

"Bye Mia, remember don't be silly wrap your w-"

I start to head downstairs and I see dad sitting down on the couch watching the news.

"Hey dad"

Dad turns around and gets up, "Hey Kiddo, You look pretty today are you going somewhere?"

"Oh yea, Ace is taking me on a date."

"Uhm... He is what?"

"Yea, he is taking me on a date to the state fair today."

"Okay Mia... I trust you but not him. Whatever makes you happy." He says as he kisses my forehead. "Bye the way, call your mother just to let you know that you are alive."

"Okay fine..." I say as I grab my phone. I dial mom's mother as I wait for her to pick up.

"Sigh... What do you want from me Mia?"

"Hi mother how is your vacation?"

"Oh my vacation is wonderful! There are so many hot men here, I'm starting to forget that I am a mother." My mom says excitedly.

"Wow how fantastic." I say sarcastically.

"Honey, I hope you are working out and starting that diet. You need to learn from Sofia, she such a great daughter."