Chapter 25

Earth 1 - Arrow Cave

Everyone was doing their own thing when Kara and Catiline returned back to the cave.

"Kara." Clark said glad to see his cousin, "How you feeling?"

"Better." Kara told him, "You meet everyone yet?"

"Yup. Pretty much." Clark told her.

Kara then looked over Clark's shoulder and noticed Oliver, "Hey!"

This grabbed Oliver's attention immediately.

"A little warning that you have a kid would be great next time." Kara told him.

"My bad." Oliver said holding a hand up.

Kara then noticed Iris sitting alone in a chair, playing with her engagement ring, "Can you excuse me Clark. Thanks."

Kara walked over to Iris and took a seat in a chair next to her, "Hi Iris."

Iris was to distracted that she didn't notice Kara until she said something to her, "Oh. Hey Kara. How you been?"

"I'm fine. How about you?" Kara asked knowing the answer already.

"Me not so much. I miss Barry." Iris told her going back to staring at her ring, "How was he back on Earth 38. Did he miss me?"

Kara thought about it for a moment and realized that Iris never came up when she and Barry where back on her Earth. She doesn't remember a single time Barry spoke about her, "Oh. Ugh... Yeah he did. He would never stop talking about you. It was like 'Come on Barry, talk about something else.'"

Kara didn't sound at all convincing, but it wasn't noticeable to Iris.

"Oh that's my Barry." Iris said happy, "I'm actually relieved."

"Why?" Kara asked.

"It's just something that Oliver's Earth X doppelganger said to me back at S.T.A.R Labs, it's nothing." Iris told Kara.

"What he say? Come on you can tell me." Kara urged her.

"He told me horrible things like 'Barry didn't love me' and that 'Barry cared more about you than me'." Iris explained, she was too embarrassed to look up at Kara, "I know I shouldn't have let his words get to me, but they did. At first I wasn't affected, but as time went on I started to believe him. You and Barry were gone for so long that I couldn't help but feel like he wasn't going to come back. That you and him where going to end up living together, getting married, and starting a family. I know it's silly, but I thought that you were going to steal him away from me."

Kara stayed quiet, her face was extremely red, "I... I wouldn't pay much attention to it Iris. Barry doesn't care nearly as much about me, then he does about you."

"Because he loves me?" Iris asked.

"No because I invulnerable, and nothing hurts me. Unlike you soft skins." Kara said breaking into laughter. She would always make quipes when things got to tense.

Iris couldn't keep her frown and she burst into laughter as well, "Thanks Kara. I really needed a friend that knows exactly what I need."

Kara placed a hand on Iris's shoulder and gave her a supporting smile

"Oh my gosh! You're Barry." Iris gasped.

Kara let go of Iris's shoulder and her face grew red, "Why... Why would you say that?"

"Because he was the only one that could cheer me up when I was down, just like how you did right now." Iris explained, "You're like identical to him. It's scary to think about."