Jarty

Meanwhile
Jonah’s pov

Andi and I had broken up awhile ago and I had really wanted a relationship. After what happened at costume day everything started going down hill for me.

Andi started ignoring me. Buffy glaring at me all the time. Cyrus not even acknowledging my presence.

It's a lot to handle but I mean come on. Just because I didn't want to do a costume?

I had started walking down the street slipping into a part of the woods. I had always come here to think and no one knows about it. Not even the good hair crew.

I discovered it after walking on the trail with my dad. I had gotten lost and I didn't know what to do. I tried to find my way back home but came across a beautiful river with rainbow rocks in it. The trees were a lot greener and it made me feel safe.

I made my way down through the path. As I was walking I had my head down and didn't see the person coming.

We crashed and I fell down on the dirt trail. He had earplugs in and he took them out looking at me sympathetically.

“Oh sorry I wasn't watching where I was going”

He put his hand out and offered to help me. I gladly accepted and took his hand. He pulled me up and smiled at me.

“I-it's alright, guess I wasn't looking either”

I looked into his comforting brown eyes.

“I'm Marty”

“Jonah”

“Cool… I have a question”

“Yeah what’s up?”

“Well I was wondering if you knew where a place called ‘The Spoon’ is? I'm new to Shadyside so I wanted to try a good diner”

“Yes it's pretty close actually it's just up here to the left”

His eyebrows furrowed making me slightly confused.

“Could you maybe walk and show me”

I smile at him and give him a reassuring nod

“Sure just follow me”

He smiled and started walking behind me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We reached The Spoon and entered the diner.

We stood by the door when a short brunette girl with hazel eyes walked towards us.

“Hey Marty”

She smiled and then looked at me

“Who’s the new friend?”

She smirked at him. Blush blush grew on his face.

“H-he just helped me get here”

“But I sent you the location and everything”

Blush grew deeper on his face as her eyes flickered between me and Marty. I blushed finally getting what was going on.

“I-I just n-needed reassurance that's all”

“Okay then”

She smirked again. She turned towards me and stuck her hand out.

“I’m Iris, Marty’s best friend”

I took her hand and shook it

“I’m Jonah”

“You and Marty hang out alot?"