Chapter 13

~Trust your gut~

"Zeinab don't fuck with me. You know we argue all the damn time but I intend to grow old with you and fight you with my cane and race you in my wheelchair. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. You are my family and my family is the only thing constant in my life. So when I give you my honest opinion I fucking mean it." Sarah laid back talking to me then sat up and finished as she looked at me in the eyes. It's how I knew she was telling the truth.

We both woke up early and headed to the pool like we planned but we had a conversation I never expected.

I had on a red two-piece high waisted and tie-in-front bathing suit.

Sarah had on the same thing but in a floral print on black.

"Alright, so he loves me. What do I do? We only just officially got together. That might be too fast for him. What if he hasn't realized he loves me? What if he thinks I'm crazy if I tell him first?" My brain ran up about 15 million questions and excuses.

"Hunty, just wait for the right time. You'll know when. Then tell him but also tell him you understand if he's not there yet. Soon enough he'll realize he's been there for a while then he'll confess. If it doesn't go like that then I'll take you to Olive Garden so you can eat all the breadsticks you want." She took her hand out of the water and held it up for me to shake.

I shook her hand ready to stuff down hundreds of breadsticks.

As we relaxed in the hot tub portion of the pool I stared at the water wishing I could go swimming in the ocean with a dolphin. That's when I jumped up. I was in Houston. The birthplace of Beyonce.

"We should visit the Downtown Aquarium." I smiled eagerly at Sarah.

"Ooouu. We should. Let's tell the boys. It's 8 am right now and they open up at 10 am." I started getting up to go tell the boys when Sarah almost tackled me.