Chapter 9 : The first day

"Sometimes, I just wish you were here.

Just so I could tell you how much I need you

and how hard every day has been without you."

-Unknown

.

.

.

.

.

The last time I went to school was maybe 1.5 years ago, my parents couldn't afford my tuition fee and I had to drop out. I couldn't stress them out more then they already were.

So on my junior year I decided to drop out, get a job and helped my parents. At least it would've made me a little bit of use for them.

However, walking down the hallway of Edmonton High right now is probably the most nerve wrecking thing I have ever done except for that 1 time I was forced to hang flowers on one of the chandeliers in the Palace.

I chewed on my bottom lip and hung my head low, making sure I wasn't making any eye contact with anyone. Even though I wasn't a werewolf with heighted hearing, I was still able to hear the whispers around me.

"Another welfare Underdweller?"

"Can't believe this is where our tax money goes too."

"Another day, another trash."

"Don't be so rude will ya?"

The last comment made me smile a little. So there are a few good people around here. I walked faster towards the administrations office while looking down on the piece of brosur in my hand that had the map of the school.

I looked up and quickly scan the area and instantly smiled when I saw the letters "Administration Office".

I mini jogged towards the door and knocked a little before entering. I opened the door and saw a lady with a grey blouse sitting behind a computer. I walked over to her and did a little cough to grab her attention.

"Excuse me, I'm Milea Andrews and a new student here." I said softly, trying to sound polite.

The lady looked up and smiled at me...huh...that's a first.

"Oh yes Ms. Andrews! It's a pleasure to finally meet you, we've been waiting for your arrival. Please take a seat." She gestured towards the seat next to me, making me smile at her gratefully.

"Now I just need to get your schedule. Please wait for a moment darling."

She quickly typed into her computer and a few seconds later printing noises was heard from behind her. She pushed back her chair and took the paper out of the printer before handing it to me.

"This will be your schedule for this junior year, and looking at your transcripts from your previous school I think this is gonna be easy for you." She smiled.

"Oh, I forgot. Your uniform. Your uniform will be dropped of at your house by this evening, so you don't have to stress about that, and," she suddenly picked up the telephone on the desk and told someone to bring Christian in?

"And you will need someone to tour around the academy." Not long after she said that, a guy about 6.2' walked in. He was pretty muscular and had sandy blonde hair that was buzzed at the side. The way he carried himself made it pretty obvious that he was most likely a troublemaker.

"What?" He said rudely to the lady.

She scolded him with her eyes, making sure he knew that he didn't like his actions, making him roll his eyes at her, "Christian, this is Milea. Principle Rields wanted you to take her for a tour of the grounds. This is your punishment for making a scene 2 days ago. Milea, this is Christian, he could be a little rough on the edges, but give him time, okay honey?" She smiled softly at me.