"They will be fine," Ivan says as he pushed hair from my face, "I assure you they are perfectly safe"

I nodded with a smile, "I know"

With that we both went back inside to the safe warmth of our bedroom. I shrugged off my coat placing in infront of the fire hearth to dry. I stretched my cold limbs my (f/c) sweater coming up to show a little of my stomach.

I sat on the carpet infront of the fire pulling my knees to my chest.

"Why do you have to be so cold?" I asked my Russian fiancé.

He just laughed quietly ruffling my hair, taking of his heavy parka.

I want to hide the truth

I want to shelter you

But with the beast inside

There's nowhere we can hide

Russia

I watched her stare into the dancing flames with a small smile. She's so beautiful, and delicate. She was small, soft, and kind.

She's everything I'm not.

I want the best for my dearest sunflower. I want her to be happy. That's why I'm trying my best to shield her from the war raging on just a few hundred miles to the south.

I don't want her to get hurt by my mistakes. And that's why i don't tell her of how bad thing are getting. About how her country is fighting mine. About how her family is in great danger.

But even I know its only a matter of time before she finds out. But until then I will be her shield and protect her.

No matter what we breed

We still are made of greed

This is my kingdom come

"Ivan?" (y/n) called looking at me with a concerned look in her sparkling (e/c) eyes, "are you alright?"

"Da", I said with a smile, "just lost in thought"

She extends her hand to me, with a worried smile. I take her warm hand into my large cold one, and she gently pulls me to sit with her on the floor.

She layed her head on my lap looking up at me with a loving look, "what's on your mind?"

"Nothing for you to worry about" I assure running my fingers through her soft hair.

I was so hesitant to touch her. I was afraid I would hurt her. People tell me how scared they are of me. Because I'm really strong, and scary. I didn't want to hurt her.

To me she was as fragile as glass. One wrong touch and she could shatter.

I don't want to see her broken because of me, or anyone else.

I vowed to protect her when I asked for her hand. We seemed to be doing well enough, and I hope that when the war us over she can become my wife.