Cheater/France

Song: None

Character: France/Francis
Bonnefoy

Warning: Cheating? Is that a trigger? I don't actually know so I'll put it here anyway
------------------------------------------------------
Reader

"(y/n), Je taime"

"(y/n), You're the only one I love"

"(y/n), I would never leave"

"(y/n), I promise"

"(y/n), will you marry me?"

"(y/n), it is just you and I forever"

These words ran through my head like a broken record. Francis had said all those to my in a sweet voice. A voice that melted my heart and pulled me right back in when I wanted to push away.

These words were followed by sweet kisses that made me feel like I was the only woman in the world. Those sweet kisses led to passion, and passion led to me believing every word from the Frenchman's mouth.

Every promise he made, I clung to for dear life. I trusted his word over everyone else's, nothing could have made me think less of my love.

Until now.

Now I see all those sweet words where nothing but sugar coated lies. Empty words. They were just hollowed vows off his slick tongue.

***

"I'll be back, love." I call to my love as I slip on a jacket to protect me from the chilly December air.

"Return safely, mon amour" he whispered to me at the door as he placed a soft, yet passionate kiss to my lips. He trailed playful kissed down my neck, his stubble tickling the sensitive (s/c) skin.

I giggled pushing him away playfully. He chuckled pulling me back in for a few playful kisses before I left for the store.

***

It was all a lie. Every sweet word, every loving kiss, every breath taking touch.

All lies from a sugar talking Frenchman.

England had warned me. My dearest brother had told me that Francis and I would end in chaos. Oh, how I wishing had listened to Arthur...

He was always right, I knew that. The last time I spoke to him was when I moved in with Francis two years ago.

"You're wrong" I had screamed when he warned me, "you don't know anything about him you stupid brit"

Now I see that my beloved older brother had been correct the whole time. And as always I'm the one who couldn't listen.

***

When I return home from the store the lights are off.

Francis had been really busy with work lately so I left it be, telling myself he was just tired and had went to bed early.