"We only have 10 minutes until curfew," Hermione said, "Let's go."

I took the charm off as I assumed they went out the portal hole. I bolted downstairs, turned myself invisible and sprinted down the hall after them. I easily caught up to them as they bulleted past a corner. I cringed when Harry ran straight into McGonagall.

"What are you three doing out of bed?" she asked.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore," Harry replied breathlessly.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here, he got an urgent owl from the ministry and left immediately."

I saw the three of them look at each other, "But this is really important," Ron said.

"I'm sure it can wait until tomorrow," McGonagall replied.

"Professor we know about the Socerer's Stone," Hermione blurted out.

McGonagall glanced around before saying, "I don't know how you three found out about that, but I assure you nothing is wrong with the stone."

"Someone's going to steal it," Harry said.

"That's absurd. There are plenty of things in the way, to protect that stone. Now you three better get back to bed right now."

Harry looked like he was going to say something but held his tongue and waved goodbye as the three of them walked back down the hall they had come from.

Ron asked, "What are we going to do now?"

"Without Dumbledore here, the stone is going to be even easier to steal," Hermione added.

Harry stated, "That's why we have to go down the trapdoor, tonight. Come on let's go, Snape's going to try and steal it tonight, I just know it."

Hermione said, "Shouldn't we wait until a little later? He probably won't steal it now, but he might later."

Harry nodded, "Okay fine, at 1 in the morning we should go. Let's go back up to the common room and get ready."

They headed up to the common room as I raced the other way to the dungeons. I found my Dad's personal quarters and knocked on the door loudly.

He opened the door and looked down at me, "Hi Jessica, come on in."

I went in and went to the kitchen where I began to brew some water for tea. I sat in one of the chairs at the table and motioned for Severus to sit across from me.

"Well Harry, Ron and Hermione think that you're going to try and steal the stone tonight since Dumbledore isn't here, so they are going to go down the trapdoor and stop you."

Severus held up a hand, "Wait Dumbledore isn't here?"

I nodded, "That's why they think you're going to steal it tonight."

"I think Quirell sent that note to Dumbledore making it look like he had to go to the Ministry. I think it was a plan to get rid of him, so I do think they are correct in some way. I bet anything that Quirell tries to go down that trapdoor tonight."

I bobbed my head up and down, "That's what I was thinking. That's why I came and got you. What do you think we should do?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. I'm sure the Dark Lord has something to do with this so I can't stop Quirell; it would look unloyal. Normally I'd go to Dumbledore and he'd stop him but now that he's gone I don't know what to do."

I thought for a moment, "I'll go down after Harry Ron and Hermione and make sure they are okay. Then after Quirell is stopped we come back up. During this time you need to write an owl to Dumbledore telling him to come back. When we get out, Dumbledore's here and we can take Quirell away to Azkaban, case closed."

"Absolutely not. I don't know how dangerous Quirell really is, and I won't have you getting hurt."

I shrugged, "I'll be fine. But if you want I can just go down and get Harry Ron and Hermione and just let Quirell go and deal with him once Dumbledore gets back."

He thought about this for a minute then sighed, "Fine you can go get them, but be super careful. No deciding to play hero and going after Quirell, just get the three of them and get out, I'll go owl Albus now but he won't get it for another hour or so."

"Can't we just send a Patronus?" I questioned.

He shook his head and spat, "The ministry doesn't let Patronus's in so he wouldn't get it. An owl is our best option. You still have two hours until 1 so why don't you come with me?"

I shrugged, "Sure why not."

Together we ran up to the owlery where I got Lucky and gave her something to eat as Severus wrote a quick note. We gave it to Lucky and sent her off to the Ministry of Magic. I just hoped he was back in time to help with Quirell. It didn't matter what I had told Severus, I was going to stop Quirell. I could take care of myself, and if Voldemort had something to do with it like Severus thought he might, then I could put in a good word for myself for later when I became a spy.

I yawned and said, "Let's go to the kitchens, I'm hungry."

He laughed, "Aren't you always?"

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Yes. I'm a growing child who's hungry, let's go eat."

He rolled his eyes but followed me down from the owlery and to the kitchens. I tickled the pear and asked a house elf to get me some mashed potatoes.

I looked to Severus who looked like he was trying not to smile, "What's so funny?"

He let himself grin, "Mashed potatoes, really?"

I put my hands on my hips, "Yes really. I like them, problem?"

"Course not," he replied swiftly.

Once I was done eating I said, "Okay well I should probably go wait for them in the common room in case they decide to leave early. Do you think I should just stop them before they get to the trapdoor?"

He shook his head, "No for some reason Albus thinks it is necessary that Harry see what is happening and what is down there. As much as I don't understand that man, I guess we should listen to him," he looked like he was going to say something, stopped then said quietly, "Be careful alright?"

"I'll be fine, you worry too much."

He shrugged, "It's my job, deal with it."

I gave him a quick hug, "I guess I can put up with it, I'll see you later."

I ran off to the Gryffindor common room and made myself invisible. It was still only 12:30 so I sat on the couch and waited. 10 minutes later I heard a noise on the boy's staircase. I got up thinking it was Ron and Harry but was surprised when I saw Neville come down. He rubbed his eyes and went over to the chair in front of the fireplace and watched the fire.