"It's fine Kara." Lina said still laughing, "So what took you so long to introduce me to your boyfriend."

Kara immediately stopped laughing when she heard the 'B' word come out of Lina's mouth.

"Why would you think that Barry and I are dating?" She said with a nervous smile.

"Because of the way you look at him." Lina said finding it really funny that Kara was trying to deny it.

"What no. We are not dating."

"Really. Well do you like him?"

"No." Kara said continuing her nervous act, but this time adjusting her glasses.

"Oh my goodness you do like him." Lina said covering her mouth in disbelief.

"No. I just told you I don't." Kara repeated herself.

"Yeah you said that, but you did that thing where you adjust your glasses which means that your lying."

"No."

"Plus you gave me the look earlier."

"What look?"

"The girl glare, you know that means 'stay away from my man'."

"I didn't give you no look." Kara said adjusting her glasses again.

"Your lying! You just did it again." Lina pointed her while laughing.

"No. I just need to get these refitted." Kara lied while continuing to adjust her glasses.

"Oh wait! What's this." Lina said as she reached into the inside pocket of Kara's jacket and pulled out a rose. "Did he give you this. Aw! He's such a gentleman."

"Give me that back. Ok, yes he bought me the flower, but there is nothing between us." Kara said snatching the flower back and adjusting her glasses for the fourth time.

"So there is nothing between you two?" Lina asked once more.

"No."

Lina smirked and looked at Barry, "Well I do have to admit he is cute. If there is nothing between you two then I would guess you wouldn't mind if I asked him ou-"

"Yeah I wouldn't do that." Kara said grabbing Lina by the arm hard and dropping her fun quirky personality for a more cold menacing look that could be mistaken for the Green Arrow.

"Ok. Ok. I'm kidding." Lina said so that Kara would let go of her, "But was that jealousy I saw there Kara."

Kara finally gave up and decided to tell the truth, "Maybe a little."

Lina squealed in joy, "Kara Danvers has a crush. I never thought I would see the day again."

"Shut up." Kara said embarrassed.

"So have you told him or are you waiting for him to tell you."

"I'm not telling him, and I don't think he will ask me out." Kara to a deep breath and put on a brave smile, "He has a fiancée."

"Oh. I'm sorry Kara. I can't imagine the pain you're dealing with." Lina said hugging Kara.

"I'm actually really happy though." Kara told her, "I've gotten the chance to be alone with him for the past two days, and frankly they have be the best two days of my life. He lights up my world. I've been feeling so alone for such a long time that I completely forgot how it feels to have someone that brings joy to your life. He honestly makes me so much happier than any other person in my life has ever done before, that I'm afraid. What happens when he leaves me to go be with his fiancée? I don't think I could go back to my life without him; Lina I'm so scared."

Kara started to tear up. The thought of Barry having to leave scared her. She knows that no other man will be able to replace Barry, and if she was right, that would mean that she would never actually be happy.

"What do I do Lina? I know my time with him is almost up and I don't think that when the time comes I'll be able to say goodbye." Kara told her with tears running down her cheeks, "How could I live the rest of my life knowing that no other man will ever be able to make me feel, what Barry makes me feel."

"I... I don't know Kara." Lina admitted, she normally always knew what to say, but this time she was lost, "I'm sorry."

Kara removed her glasses and wiped her eyes of the tears, she did this quickly and away from Lina so that she wouldn't get a chance to see her true identity, "I guess we should get going. I need to tell Supergirl that her interdimensional extrapolator is in trusted hands."

Lina smiled at the complement, "Well, tell her that if she ever needs anything else she can always come to me."

"I will." Kara said to her, back to her normal quirky personality. "Barry! Time to go!"

"One more thing." Lina said grabbing Kara by the arm, "Just enjoy the last couple hours you have with this boy. Don't think about you having to say goodbye, just be with him while he's here. Go out do something fun, but you know. Not to much fun. No one likes a cheater."

Lina gave her a wink as she finished her last sentence, this caused Kara to blush.

"I don't think things will get that fun."

"What are we talking about." Barry said as he returned to the group with a smile.

"Definitely not you." Kara said adjusting her glasses, "We should go, let Lina get back to work."

"Well it was really nice to meet you. I really like your lab." Barry said walking to the exit with Kara.

Lina just giggled, "Hey Barry. One more thing before you leave."

"Yeah."

"How much longer you planning on staying in National City?"

"I don't know. A day or two more. Why?"

"Just wanted to suggest that if you and Kara have any free time you should take her out to this cute little miniature golf course near the coast that she loves to go to."

"Oh? Well thank you, I will definitely think about that." Barry responded.

Kara gave a glare to Lina and Lina responded with another wink.

"So Kara." Barry said once they were out of Lina's lab, "Do you want to go mini golfing tonight. It actually sounds really fun."

Kara couldn't help but smile and blush, "I would love to, but can we stop by the eye doctor really quickly."

"You have an appointment?"

"No. I just want to get my glass refitted, they are causing me a lot of trouble."

So that is chapter 16, now no one make fun of me for Electron De-Quantifier. I know it is not a real thing, but it sounds scientific so I put it in. Anyway don't forget to comment or question.