🕯Chapter Nine🕯

The silence that surrounded the church was deafening, only the deep intakes of breath could be heard from Arthur. He couldn't believe his eyes. The woman he loved, the mother of his child. His wife was standing in front of him.

Seconds turned into minutes and the silence was becoming too loud for Lilith to endure. Looking from Polly to Arthur, she inclined her head towards the door, indicating for Polly to take her leave, knowing the reunion might not go as well at thought.

Taking the hint, Polly patted Arthur on the shoulder and hesitantly stood from her chair. Leaving the newly reunited couple, but not before doing the sign of the cross in the middle of the aisle.

"You came back." was the only thing that came from Arthurs lips. His voice cracking half way through, as though he was about to cry.

Taking that as her cue, Lilith pulls her skirt up to her knees, to ensure she doesn't rip it and kneels in front of him. Taking his face into her hands, she strokes his cheek. Such a gentle gesture that one would mistake it for that of a mother and a wounded child.

"I promised." Her voice that of a whisper, unsure if she would startle him. But making sure not to take the chance.

Her voice was enough for him to crack, he took her hands into his own and pulled her into his lap, completely forgetting they were in the house of god. Her head instinctively going to the join of his neck and shoulder.

Both repeating the same words over and over again. Like their very own motto.

I Love You.

A/N

It's short I know, I had a very long chapter planned out but honestly, I couldn't bring myself to ruin that little ending there. It just didn't feel right to continue the chapter after that.... Sorryyyy!