🕯Chapter Two🕯

Curiosity got the best of her as she stuck to the shadows following the man and woman

Curiosity got the best of her as she stuck to the shadows following the man and woman. Only for them to stop in the middle of the street.

Looking around anybody would think the street was empty, but she knew better. The street was very much alive.
Alive with fear.

Because in the middle of the street was a man atop a beautiful black horse.

Unable to hear what was being said she steps closer but makes sure to remain hidden.

"Girl who tells fortunes." A Husky voice said only to be identified as the man on the horse minutes later.

Fed up with waiting to see what happens Lilith looks to a young boy around the age of twelve.

Tapping him on the shoulder until he turns, she bends to his height.

"How would you like to earn yourself some money?" Her brummy accent clear as day.

The young boy nodded with a hesitant smile on his face unable to form words to the woman infront of him.

Her victorious smirk making it's way onto her face. She pulls out two guinea knowing what the boy could buy with the money and hands it over.

"I want you to tell me what happens here, okay?" She tells him in a sweet voice.

The boys smile was wiped from his voice and a look of confusion took over.

"How will I tell you, if I don't know where you are?"
His innocent face made her melt.

The smallest smile made it's way onto her face as she told him.

"I'll find you, love. Just look for the black rose and I'll be near."

With that she walked off into the smoke of the street singing a song the people of Birmingham knew all too well.

UNEDITED