xvx

zach was getting ready for his date with jack. he had showered and made sure his hair looked fine. he was dressed decently and comfortably since he had no clue as to where he was going. he was excited.

his mom agreed on taking miles out along with the rest of the herron family. the little kid had no idea what was going on, but he was happy to be out and about with his grandparents and aunt and uncle. they'd already left, which meant that zach was alone with nothing to do.

it was about ten minutes after four, which meant that zach had spent almost the whole afternoon alone and bored. he would most likely be playing with miles if the little boy was there, but he wasn't, and the nineteen year old found that upsetting. nevertheless, jack said he'd come by around four which made zach happy since he only needed to go through twenty crucial minutes before meeting up with his ex.

he decided to clean miles' room while he waited. it was a habit after he was born, zach felt the need to keep that room as clean and perfect as possible. he rearranged his clothes and refolded what he thought looked messy. he didn't notice how the twenty minutes passed by quickly until he heard the doorbell ring. his stomach turned and a smile grew on his face, knowing it was jack.

zach rushed down the stairs and opened the door, his smile never disappearing.

"hey," he greeted, hugging the other.

"hello," jack said, embracing zach as well. "are you ready?"

"uh-huh," the younger replied, grabbing his coat from the rack and closing the door behind him. "where are you taking me this time?" he asked, hopping into the passenger seat.

"remember our first date?" jack grinned as he remembered the first time they had gone out as boyfriends, not friends.

zach blushed and felt his heart race. "you're making me roller skate?" he looked at the older male and raised an eyebrow.

"yes, sir," he replied, turning on the engine. "don't fall on your butt again." he laughed and backed out of the driveway.

"no promises. that stuff's hard!" the boy complained, crossing his arms over his chest. "not everyone has great balance on wheels," he murmured, looking out the window.

"whatever." jack shrugged. "it's was still the best time i've ever had."

"i agree."

---

jack parked in one of the spaces closest to the entrance of the roller skating rink. they walked inside and immediately heard the music playing through the speakers. zach insisted on paying for both of them since it wasn't that expensive. in the end, jack gave in and let the younger male pay.

"i'll pay for the food."

"sounds good to me," zach replied, receiving his roller skates from the lady at the other side of the counter.

they sat at the benches to put their shoes on. zach remained seated when he finished, not wanting to get up. he sucked at roller skating but he still found it fun. jack was really good at it, as if he'd been doing it his whole life.

"you do know that roller skating requires you to get up, right?" jack giggled and held his hand out for zach to take it.

the younger male pursed his lips and took the other's hand, feeling butterflies in his stomach as soon as their skin made contact. it had always been that like that and always will be.

"don't let me fall," he said, grabbing jack's hand tighter as he stood up and felt wobbly.

"i won't." the other laughed, dragging zach into the actual rink.