v

today, zach was nervous. daniel was finally going to meet jack and his friends. he didn't know why he agreed with this, he didn't want jack to meet daniel. not that they wouldn't get along, it was just something the young male didn't think about happening. as a matter of fact, he didn't even think he would see jack again, but here he is.

"so who are we meeting again?" the older brunette asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he picked out a shirt.

"an old friend of mine," zach said, hesitating on the word 'friend' and looked down at the floor. daniel noticed this and stopped his actions, looking at his boyfriend.

"something is bothering you," he stated.

"nothing is bothering me, daniel. just hurry up, okay? i'll go get miles ready."

"miles is going?" daniel questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"of course he's going, he likes jack's friend," he replied with a small smile. daniel only nodded before taking off his shirt to put on a new one.

zach walked out of the room and into daniel's guest room, which was basically miles' room since they slept at his house often.

"hey, buddy," zach greeted with a smile. he walked over to his three year old and looked over his shoulder. "watcha doing there?"

"i'm coloring," miles responded, not taking his eyes off the paper.

zach stared at his son for a few moments, feeling his heart warm up. miles had his concentration face on with his little tongue sticking out while tilting his head. his eyes followed the movements of his hands as he colored. zach found this adorable.

"well, why don't we start getting ready?" zach ruffled his hair.

"for what?" the little boy spoke, looking up at his dad.

"we're going to see corbyn today," said zach with enthusiasm. he knew that miles liked corbyn, he just didn't know why. he was a stranger to them, and miles was always taught to not speak to strangers.

"hey, how do you know torbyn? is he your friend too?" miles pursed his lips and furrowed his eyebrows, making zach chuckle.

"he's a friend of my friend," he replied, making the little boy more confused.

"no, because torbyn is my friend." he placed a hand on his chest when he said 'my'.

"well, torbyn can have many friends, little one," zach picked his son up to place him in his bed. he walked over to miles' closet and picked out a white and gray striped shirt and gray jeans.

"can i bring my coloring book?"

"sure, just don't lose it, okay?" zach took his son's clothes off to dress him in better ones. as soon as everybody was ready, they all got in daniel's car and headed towards the spot where they were meeting.

the mall.

it was an odd choice, but zach didn't complain when jack suggested it. now that he thought of it, it was a bad idea bringing miles along. if he got too attached to corbyn, he will miss him once they leave. crap, what am i doing? he asked himself, panicking a little.

"zach, are you okay?" he heard daniel asked, a hand placed on his shoulder. he looked at him and nodded.

"i'm fine."

daniel gave him a skeptical look but didn't push it. "well, okay. we're here."

zach nodded and opened the door, also opening miles' door, getting him off his seat and holding his hand.