Chapter eleven - Vampire For Lunch

"I've got time, I've got love
Got confidence you'll rise above"

~ George Ezra "Hold My Girl"

It had been a few days and the pack were training - Chance and Sam practically at each other's throats. Their competitive natures showing up. Both in fuzzed Of confidence and oozing with power (Sam's being Alpha power and Chance's being her unpredictable nature that shielded her from Sam's weary mind).

That's when they were interrupted by a loud echoing voice in their heads.

"We've got a leech.. and he's got Bella."

Silently, Bella Swan opened her eyes and blinked around the meadow in disappointment. Without her boyfriend, her one and only, Edward Cullen, this was the perfect opposite of what she remembered the meadow looking like. The perfect contrast of warm and cold.

Cold. Just like his marble skin that glittered bike a thousand diamonds in the light. Whenever Edward was here with her, she felt as if the sun would always shine for the sole reason of showing off his glittering body.

Quietly, she sunk to her knees with threatening tears biting her eyes like a rushing waves pressuring a dam to collapse under its immense power, but they didn't. Especially not when she heard a loud rustling noise.

Carefully, Bella followed the rustling noise until a familiar face appeared, one she had encountered not even a full year before.

"Laurent?" Bella questioned the dreadlocked vampire, who gave her an equally surprised look at the shock of seeing her.

"Bella." He replied in his silky smooth voice, confirming to Bella that the vampire was really there and not just in her head.

A large grin broke onto the human's face, "Laurent!" She repeated with so much more enthusiasm. Her dark eyes displaying shock and absolute excitement.

"I must admit," Laurent began, slowly stalking forwards as if not to scare her. To him, her blood would taste delicious, sensational, and he was going to try some of it.. "I didn't expect to see you here." He pointed out in a feeble attempt to have small talk and distract the girl as he slowly evaluated her and her surroundings.

Bella's face twitched into a smile. "I live here. But you.. I thought you were with Carlisle's friend in Alaska?" It pained her to bring up the Cullen name, but she wanted the small talk to last so she could just be around another vampire, even for a little longer.

"Tanya, I was." His face was dreamy as he thought about his mate. "It was kind of him to arrange, given my previous relationship to James and Victoria. The enemy." His last words were a hiss, surprising Bella as it was more a hiss of defiance than regret of being around them.

"You tried to help us." Bella swallowed, her smile dropping when he begins to stroll his a slow arc around her, assessing her even more.

"I went to visit the Cullens, but their house is empty. I'm surprised they left you behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs?" Laurent asked, a small, yet still malicious smile spreading against his razor sharp teeth that taunted Bella. Fear began to prickle her.

"Um.. something like that.." she trailed off, not sure what to do at this point.

Laurent studied her face, "do the Cullens visit often?" He asked, watching her hesitate with her answer. Suddenly, Edward's apparition appeared between them both, his eyes digging deep into Bella's bests big heart.

"Lie." It commanded.

"Absolutely." Bella rushed out awkwardly, her increased heartbeat and clammy hands told Laurent she was lying. "All the time.." Bella continued seeing his eyes darken.