Chapter six - Give Him A Minute To Hold His Crush

"Crowded town or silent bed
Pick a place to rest your head"

~ George Ezra "Hold My Girl"

Chance Lively sat in the passenger seat of Charlie's Police Cruiser as he drove her and Bella over to the Rez where he planned on spending the day at with Billy.

Chance had thrown on her black jacket over her black crop top and Jean shorts to avoid Charlie seeing her pack brand and assuming she got a tattoo. Bobby was in between her legs whilst Bella sat in back, glaring out the window. Charlie had told her about Chance smiling and the girl couldn't understand how she could even fathom a smile after the Cullen's left.

Chance believed that Bella was being stupid and that she knew they weren't coming back. On the inside, Chance was dying at those thoughts, but she had to prove to Bella that moving on was better for them both. Better so Charlie didn't have to deal with two depressed teenagers who were sulking over boys. Better for them because they need to learn that they cannot depend on men all the time. Better for Bella to grow up.

After they got out of the cruiser, Billy informed the girls that Jacob and the boys were all by the hikers trail, so the two set off together in an awkward silence, the only noise made between them being a few giggled from Chance as Bobby observed the area before looking up at her with his tongue lolling out of his mouth.

"Have you text them?" Bella wanted to ask Chance, but knew the girls reply would be hostile and along the lines of;

"No. There has been no reason to. They left, so I refuse to bother them."

So instead, Bella settled for asking; "has any of them text you? Telling you why they left?" She asked, in hopes of the smaller brunette hearing from at least Alice or Jasper.

Curiously, Chance gave Bella a cautious look before replying. "No, and I don't care if they do." Bella frowned at the blunt answer before sighing, not knowing that Chance could hear every single breath she took.

Today was Jared's birthday, meaning they were going for a hike before going cliff diving and then meeting with Emily to hold a bonfire.

"Why did you leave your truck at Billy's?" Chance asked, not understanding her sister's motives fully. Bella panicked for a second before composing herself.

"Jacob wanted to drive me home, but it was dark so I let him use my truck." She lied, Chance would have almost believed her.. if she was stupid enough to. But she wasn't. However, Chance was not in the mood to start an argument and settled with letting out an annoyed puff of air before separating off at the sight of her friends.

Once the pack was sure Jacob and Bella were gone, they all began speaking in hushed tones. "So, who's going first?" Embry asked excitedly, not understanding how they cliff jumped as a pack.

Chance giggled excitedly at his, "What do you mean?" She asked casually.

"Who's jumping first?" He asked as they began to walk back to Emily's to give her Bobby - there was no way in hell she was going to bring him cliff diving with her and the boys.

Jared scoffed happily, "I say that we battle it out.." he challenged playfully, seeing Embry's slightly worried face peaking.

He swallowed, "battle?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Welcome to the pack, Embry!" Sam and Paul joked in unison before barging into each other playfully.

"Paul! I'll race you to the top of the cliff, if I get up first you have to let Jared eat half of your slice of cake!" Chance called, seeing Jared's face light up at the mention of extra food.